Re: Moonbase Project for Childrens Expo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Fri, 30 Jan 2004 23:08:42 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, Steven McDonough wrote:
I have a request for a set to be built if you have it,
the 6952 Solar Power Transporter, it is by far my favorite space set. Does the
spaceport have any moonbase coridoor conectors on it to directly attach it to
the rest of the moonbase? If not Oh well because it rocked as an airport and
rocks even more as a spaceport (but I'm space biased).

How many tables of moonbase are we trying for? I would like at least 4, however
I don't know if we will have that many modules. I guess if we have that many
ships though we can cover quite a space.

    If Brian D. doesn't have the Solar Power Transporter, (yeah, right) I do.
Mine is used, but it's only missing 4 or 5 small pieces.  I can also bring some
Blacktron ships (my favorite Space subtheme).  If you have any other requests
for certain sets, just look at my set list:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/mlist.cgi?m=590 and look through the 6800-6999
numbers.  Jeramy, feel free to do the same for Castle (6000-6099).
    The modules could form a backdrop for the space area with the landing places
and ships in front.  That way we'd only need enough modules for one 48 stud-deep
strip along the back of the 4 tables.  They don't necessarily have to go clear
from one end to the other either.  Most Moonbase Modules are about the same
height, so if the modules were 2 deep, the ones in the back couldn't be seen
very well.
    David "Fuzzy" Gregory