Re: Chicago Pick-a-Brick
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 14:32:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.indylug, David Gregory wrote:
   store’s PAB inventory: PAB inventory. That post also has links to pictures of the 2 sizes of cups.

I knew that some of you might want me to get you a cup of pieces, so I emailed Ondrew to ask what each one would cost with tax. He said that a large cup (12.95) is $14.08 with tax, and a small cup (6.95) is $7.56 with tax.

If anyone wants me to get them a cup, you can bring money to the April meeting this Saturday. Make sure to decide which pieces you want so that I’ll know exactly what to fill your cup with. I’ll bring the cups to the June meeting or sooner if I can.

David “Fuzzy” Gregory

I made a trip to the Woodfield store in March. If you’re looking for standard LEGO bricks (2x4 brick) they had a very nice assortment of colors. So, their stock was very nice for people who build buildings, or stuff like that. (not me)

They did have a small varity of Technic, and I got a bunch of that. Looking at Ondrew’s inventory, it looks like they have more, now. I’m seriously considering going up this weekend. (what do you think, David?)

I’d suggest not even messing with the “small” cups. I guess the value is about the same, but most of us are going to spend a ton on LEGO this year, anyway... :) so, just get the big cups.

I wouldn’t suggest going there looking for a specific piece (unless it’s on Ondrew’s inventory) but go there hoping to get pieces you can use on future projects.

Overall, even if you don’t get anything “good” it’s still worth the trip.

Steve