Subject:
Bylaws
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.indylug
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:29:39 GMT

I have made some revisions to the bylaws that I wrote. The major differences are:

• Besides not being able to hold office, any minor who is a member also cannot vote.
• If someone participates in something that IndyLUG, as a club, does outside Indiana (like if we had gone to that Wheaton thing in Illinois), then it counts as a regular attendance.
• Other LUG’s besides us that start in Indiana don’t have to join us. (Dang, I really liked that clause about us claiming sovreign authority over the whole state.) I left the part in there that says that they can pool their funds with ours and can then vote on spending issues. The point of pooling funds is that some 3 person LUG that only has $43 can combine their money with ours and then do something worthwhile.
• If soemone attends a show that lasts more than 1 day (for instance, if someone comes to all 3 days of a GATS), then it only counts as a single attendance.
• An officer has o notify the Club of the time and place for an upcoming meeting at least 7 days in advance.

I have put the current version of the bylaws online at IndyLUG bylaws

I also uploaded the file in Word 2000 format, if you’d prefer that: Bylaws in Word 2000 format

I will bring a few printed copies of the revised bylaws to the Children’s Expo, so that everyone who’s there can have a chance to read them. Hopefully we can vote on them at the March meeting.

If anyone has any ideas for something else to include in the bylaws or something that should be taken out, please let me know so that I can change it before I print copies to bring to the Expo. Also, feel free to write your own bylaws. The ones I wrote are just things I thought we would need as a club. I think it would be good if multiple people could contribute so that the bylaws will have a more well-rounded set of input.

David “Fuzzy” Gregory