 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 427 (-100)
  Question for Eric Sophie

Is the Lego store going to rotate parts in the parts bin every so often? I went to the store this weekend and spent so much they gave me a cup of free Legos from the parts bins. Cool! Patty (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

(...) That's a good point, everybody is yellow in a LEGO Brand Store. ;) I think that standing under that yellow brick for so long actually makes you start seeing everything blend into the color yellow. It must be a tactic used by TLC to make guests (...) (21 years ago, 16-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

(...) Rich, did anybody come by who was yellow (i.e. Timmy?) Hope the store is going great--I know your current manager said it was a nice store. Scott Lyttle (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

I thought all Lego employees were yellow? (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

Too cool. Hope we get a Lego outlet 'round here someday, sounds like it's gonna be a blast. Congrats on your position! Take care, Soren (URL) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

(...) This is great I love it. :) e (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

I just went to the one in my county, the Palisades Lego store today (11/14/2003). :-) I felt like a 5 yr old in a candy store. Didn't buy anything from that store yet, it was only for reconaissance. ;-) (21 years ago, 15-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

(...) Judging from what I saw, (...) Awesome. :) I was just hoping you didn't think it was intentional the staff was assemled like that. As far as I know, the store is still hiring for part-time positions, so it is possible the color of the staff (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

(...) really? Cool! How so? -Brett (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

(...) No problem at all, just an honest observation. One that I find surprising in this area, in this mall....and I still find it surprising. (...) My comment wasn't intended to be taken personally by anyone, it was just a very surprising (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

>One thing I noticed was all the Lego employees were white. Is that a problem? I actually spent time assisting in the hiring of people for the store in question. We had all white candidates applying for the positon less one man that was so (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

(snipped) Finally! I can't wait to stop by and spend some money. Also, congrats on the job. I wish Lego would open up a store here in the five boroughs, especially Manhattan or in the Staten Island Mall. I plan on going this Saturday, so I hope to (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

(...) I went to the grand opening of the Palisades store on Saturday. I am very pleased that Lego is going this route with the stores. I wasn't blown away by the selection of bulk parts, but was told they'd be rotated on a monthly basis an I did (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

(...) Eric, enjoy working for "the brick"! You'll find all sorts of fringe benefits to working for Lego... ;-) How does Jama look in a yellow shirt? JohnG, GMLTC (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general)

  Re: New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

Congrats on infiltrating TLC! I'm sure its only a matter of time before you make your way up the ladder to a position of obscene power and influence. Once you are firmly installed as ceo, you've got to do something about those yellow shirts! Its a (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  New York and New Jersey LEGO Stores Now Open!

Hey all, I am extremely happy to inform the Fans of Lego in the Tri-State Area that the two Lego Stores in the region are now open! The Pallisades Mall on Rte. 87 and The Paramus Park Mall on Rte 17 Both Stores are now open for for business! (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Members

Hello! Glad to hear from you. I am preparing for a trip to Texas and I will return in about 2 weeks time. Perhaps then we can all have a meeting and have some fun! Sounds good to everyone? (...) Ahh Yes, I'm so happy to make Local Cable TV! (...) (...) (21 years ago, 17-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Members

Hey how do I become a member? Oh yeah and maybe my step brothers too. I saw Eric Sophie on tv the other night with Don Pflaster from my Game club. I was so excited to learn that Eric was a local. I live in Rockaway in Morris County. Patty Van Dyke (...) (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: LUCNY meeting September 21

Kevin, John and Jim, both Tim and I had a great time during our visit! Seeing the wares of a fellow Lego User Club was inspiring. Inspiration we hope to bring back here to GardenSLUG land just cause it was so fun. Short notice or not, we'll all meet (...) (21 years ago, 25-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, FTX)

  LUCNY meeting September 21

(...) Okay, so the LUCNY meeting was actually held on Sunday, September 21. Due to Lugnet technical difficulties, I did not get the change posted here. This meeting was a ton of fun! Only three members of LUCNY showed up, but we accomplished what we (...) (21 years ago, 22-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG New Members!

(...) Hey Brian, we will be most likely be meeting in Mid October. I will send you an additional message with the details. Great. Glad to have ya. Wow Member 748! you been around for a while! Too cool! Be sure to make our next meeting! Thank you (...) (21 years ago, 9-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, FTX)

  Re: GardenSLUG at Brickfest

(...) Hello, all. I might be interested in becoming a new GardenSLUG member. How do I sign up? --Muze (Lugnet #748) (21 years ago, 8-Sep-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG at Brickfest

(...) I'm suppossed to be outside mowing the lawn! Shssss Don't tell anyone, Cindy's a Black Belt! I just gotta say, thank you Jeff for the write up, ya know, looking at this list of pur contributions, I am really proud that we have such diversity (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, FTX)

  Re: East West Coast, Southern and NW Brick Fest Cons - concerns and hopes

(...) Hey ya, that's the idea! Assuming we could ever get there, beacuse in the years to come it would be a great thing. But no so much as to...and I quote what was so well put before, " We don't want to risk insignifigance through Dillusion..." (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: GardenSLUG at Brickfest

(...) Brickfest was a blast! It was great hanging out with some of my fellow members of GardenSLUG. (...) I think this shows what a well rounded group we have :) (...) We will have to see how we can expand on this for next year! - Jim F. PS: as for (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG at Brickfest

(...) Well, maybe grow a few more ;-) Jeff (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG at Brickfest

(...) So, what you're saying is ... GardenSLUG is trying to 'dig up' new members? :-D -Tim (space!) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  GardenSLUG at Brickfest

Wow! Did everyone have a good time? I was overwhelmed (in more ways than one) at Brickfest this year. And I think we all represented our group quite well. GardenSLUG'ers contributed: 12 of 46 Moonbase baseplates The largest MOC in the castle room (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Boston roadshow Challange

(...) (URL) Oooo...oookaaaay, I am ready to announce your punkdom. ;) I have built this! (URL) My oh so winning "Super Bug 3000" Can you handle its greeblage?!!!! This amazing creation is the bomb bad. I made it in 7.5 seconds, running backward with (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, FTX)

  Re: Philadelphia Road Show Pictures

(...) Hey Eric and all, We had a great time and I thought the layout looked fantastic. Great work on everyone's part, and I wish that I would have been able to be a part of the layout. Perhaps next time we do something like that I could build (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Philadelphia Road Show Pictures

(...) Man, I wish I hadn't been working all weekend. That would have been awesome to see in person. -Mike Petrucelli (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Philadelphia Road Show Pictures

(...) Eric et. al, That's awesome! Thanks for sharing! That Club display is kicking! Did anyone visitors ask about the Moonbase standard and stuff? What'd the Road Show crew think? Great idea with the contests; excellent interaction with fans. Well, (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Philadelphia Road Show Pictures

Philadelphia Road Show Pictures of GardenSLUG's Display are now up on Brickshelf. (URL) Event was a great success! Many people were in attendance throughout all 3 days. Many Thanks to the Road Show Crew, Jake Mckee and the attending GardenSLUG (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.events, lugnet.general)

  GardenSLUG to participate at Philly PA. Lego Road SHow

The New Jersey Lego User Group; GardenSLUG will be participating at the Lego Road Show in Penn's Landing, Philadelphia Pennsylvania - Walnut East Parking Lot, this weekend! (URL) and Create" Event - Philadelphia : July 18-20 - Penn's Landing (Walnut (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jul-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.pa)

  Road Show Planning Meeting

Hey Sluger's we are having a meeting at my house next Sunday at 1pm to discuss GardenSLUG's display layout for the Philly Road Show event this July. Send me a message if you would like to come or just to hang out. (URL) Sophie GardenSLUG (21 years ago, 22-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: TRU discountin' like a over stocked Walmart.

Guess I should add the update to my initial... (...) Unfortunately, Pizza To Go was out of stock. (...) That was not to be found either but neither was a shelf sticker. Since it has been around, anyone (in GardenSLUG) wanna grab an extra or two? (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, FTX)

  Re: GardenSLUG Successful at the Greenhouse

(...) Hi Andrew, Not necessarily a bad suggestion though (as already mentioned) getting the track, cars, etc. would be a challenge. That said, there is plenty of room to do a Moonbase/monorail and train layout. Trick becomes, there are only so many (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG Successful at the Greenhouse

Actually, despite my only being 15, I do have quite a few monorail pieces. My parents bought me a used airport monrail set ~5 years ago at a garage sale and they've been pretty much sitting around collecting dust. Not all of the pieces for the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG Successful at the Greenhouse

(...) Hey guys, I like the monorail idea to, but those sets are hard to come by these days. Anybody have any they can add? But there is plenty of room there for both trains and a moonbase, why limit ourselves? -Tim (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, FTX)

  Re: GardenSLUG Successful at the Greenhouse

(...) Welcome Andrew! Just wanted to add in my pennies to the brainstorming well. (This was already seen by Andrew via email-no I'm not talking in the third person.) I personally like the look of the monorail trams/cars better than train ones. I (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, FTX)

  Re: GardenSLUG Successful at the Greenhouse

Just a suggestion, what if, instead of doing a train setup you do a monorail setup that ties with the moonbase theme, like with the old space sets and the Unitron Monorail. Obviously both could be done, but I really enjoy the monorail look. Two (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG Successful at the Greenhouse

<snip> Hi everyone! I was really glad i could make it up to the event, if even for just a short time. It was really cool to see everything set up in person and to meet the guys there. Hopefully next time i can have some of my own MOC's built. Here (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG Successful at the Greenhouse

Guys, This is so great! Congrats on the strong public debut! (...) This looks like it was an excellent location and setup for community interaction and organization awareness. (...) Sounds good to me! -snip- Jeff, Eric, & Tim, This moonbase is (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, FTX)

  Re: GardenSLUG Successful at the Greenhouse

(...) Hi AC! Well, I liked your Mech Bay just fine, and acutually I appologize for the lack of feedback. What I am really going for is Mech Bays that incorporate the Moonbase Module Standards. This way they all can be connected and interconnected (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space)

  Re: GardenSLUG Successful at the Greenhouse

(...) Well I gotta say The Green House is an excellent setting for an event, I know I'll be sure to make it up for anymore. Thanks to Jeff and Eric for giving me the opportunity to add to the show,I had a great time. A garden railway should be alot (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: GardenSLUG Successful at the Greenhouse

Eric (...) Done that but doesn't look too good as nobody even want to comment on it. Check the Mecha side bar or (URL) there was another MB that had a mecha docking facility but could not remember off hand who did it. Regards, ACPin & Sons (21 years ago, 11-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG Successful at the Greenhouse

As for a LUCNY/GardenSlug event -- I am all for it and I think Wayne Sardullo was trying to gauge interest several weeks ago but did not get any solid answers then. December seems so very far off -- too far to really plan for at this point. LUNCY (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: GardenSLUG Successful at the Greenhouse

lil snip (...) Absolutely! With just a little notice we can meet there just about anytime. If we want to display again, we may even get a little press. More specifically, they will be having a holiday event on December 7, 2003. That whole back of (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: GardenSLUG Successful at the Greenhouse

(...) LOL! That's one of the GardenSLUG member's Daughter. e (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG Successful at the Greenhouse

does that little girls parents know you abducted her and forced her to do yard work with Jama? I've told you once, and I'll tell you twice, leave the children alone, they might think you giants are there parents and never want to leave....i've seen (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG Successful at the Greenhouse

(...) absolutely beautiful. I felt at home. The Green House manager was also very kind and she seemed genuienly glad we (GardenSLUG) was there at the event. We have standing offers to display and hold meetings at the Green House in the future. I say (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: GardenSLUG Successful at the Greenhouse

Pictures also on Brickshelf: (URL) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  GardenSLUG Successful at the Greenhouse

Well, the weather didn't cooperate but we still had a good turnout for our display at Donaldson's Greenhouse in Mansfield, NJ. Visitors young and old pointed, oohed and ahhed at our 11 plate moonbase and Eric's 1st class mecha display. Questions (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG to the Greenhouse

Two more links: Club Events (URL) Page: (URL) e! (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  GardenSLUG to the Greenhouse

Well gang, we have our second opportunity to present our stuff to the public. A local greenhouse here in Hackettstown will be having a day-long festival called "Perennial Fest". Going from 10 AM to 6 PM on Saturday, June 7th they have invited our (...) (21 years ago, 24-May-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG Meeting wrap up

Paul, it was good to meet you as well. Thanks for comming to Chris' for the meeting. Your compliments on Jama are much appreciated. Ha, one of our members is a Robot! We'll have to do that for the next group shot. LOL! e (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG Meeting wrap up

Hey All, I'll join in and say I had a great time, too. This was my first GardenSLUG meeting and I wasn't disappointed. Thanks to Chris and family for hosting. Seeing Jama up close is amazing. When he's right in front of you, you can really get a (...) (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG Meeting wrap up

(...) I'm glad you enjoyed what you saw so far. More detailed pics will be available as soon as I get myself organized...So keep an eye for my posts in the Mecha newsgroup :) - Jim F. (21 years ago, 9-May-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG Meeting wrap up

(...) <> (...) <> (...) <> (...) Hey all, I had a great time as well. I really enjoyed meeting everybody and being treated with a bunch of MOCs, one in particular in action. (;-) I hope we can arrange to meet twice before BrickFest, although I know (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG Meeting wrap up

(...) Aha! I was wondering who was sneaking the Bionicle and Galidor parts into such cool looking mecha! Please, please...post more pics of these if they are available! <snip> -Dave (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG Meeting wrap up

Hey all, I gotta say I had a great time as well.It's great to see everyone's stuff in person, and in action :). (...) Or if someone was to build a module with a corridor that matched ours on one side, we could blend it in with a larger gardenslug (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG Meeting wrap up

Hey Jim, Likewise, it was nice to have you both. Your Mecha MOCS were very cool. I realy liked them. Of course I have a soft spot for stuff like that. (URL) to all who attended and to Chris and Family for being great hosts. It was my particular (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: You are invited to a GardenSLUG meet in central New Jersey on 3 May!

Hi gang, Maelee and I wanted to thank GardenSLUG for the invitation to join the group this past Saturday. Thanks go to Chris Weeks and family for hosting the event. I really enjoyed sharing my creations with the group as well as getting to see your (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: You are invited to a GardenSLUG meet in central New Jersey on 3 May!

(...) This meeting is go. I've email directions to the GardenSLUG list and to those individuals who emailed me. If anyone else is interested, please let me know ASAP so we can plan appropriately (I'd like to have a count). Chris (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Greetings from another slug lurking in the garden...

(...) Paul, Hey there! So someone did see my post! ;-) Well I guess I am permitted to say welcome too (albeit my newbiehood--not a word, right? ;-P ). I look forward to meeting you. Also, since I did not mention anything before: My interest has been (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: You are invited to a GardenSLUG meet in central New Jersey on 3 May!

(...) D'oh! My question had already been addressed. That's what I get for not really reading the newest messages of the section. ;-P I'd say that Hillsborough is definitely central, which means I don't have to drive much...yay! Okay, later. -Andrew (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: You are invited to a GardenSLUG meet in central New Jersey on 3 May!

(...) Chris, This is great...thanks for offering your hospitality! I think I can make it, but it will depend on how far along my final projects are. I also think that by then I can have some new stuff to share. And what's your definition of (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSLUG Roll Call - Member Info Needed -

(...) --Sorry I missed this post...I actually did respond to the one about the March 16th meeting a week later...not sure if you saw it. Well, I do live in NJ and I'm taking classes locally this semester and plan on being around most of the (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  You are invited to a GardenSLUG meet in central New Jersey on 3 May!

Hi all, GardenSLUG will be hosting a meeting in central New Jersey on Saturday, May third. We're hoping to have a large turnout of the GardenSLUG regulars and by opening the invites to surrounding communities and clubs, drum up some wider-area (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.loc.us.nj, lugnet.loc.us.ny.ny, lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.har, lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.all, lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi)

  GardenSLUG Meet - On or About May 3rd 2003 -

Details can be found here: (URL) you like to go? GardenSLUGs Chime in! e (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Greetings from another slug lurking in the garden...

Hey ya, let's do it! Is May 3rd ok for everyone? Let's have a meeting at Chris' house. Its alot of Fun! e (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Greetings from another slug lurking in the garden...

(...) How about my place on May third? We can try again to dredge up people from down south who might not be willing to cruise all the way up to your neck of the woods. Chris (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Greetings from another slug lurking in the garden...

Hello! and Welcome! Your timming adds to the excitment of rallying the SLUGers! 1. Glad to have you. 2. I'll add you to the member list. 3. Hey let's have another GardenSLUG meeting! 4. Its cool we all like Lego! 5. Looking to build steam and gather (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Greetings from another slug lurking in the garden...

Hi! I finally stopped lurking and began posting to LUGNET last fall but haven't gotten around to posting to .org.us.gardenslug until now. I kept thinking I'd wait until I saw some activity about a get-together but since I didn't check this group (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  GardenSLUG goes to school

GardenSLUG's First Event Well gang, we done good. I have received a number of positive compliments about our effort at the Flocktown School 2003 Education Fair. For those who weren't able to join us, we arrived about 1 hour before the event started (...) (21 years ago, 2-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  End of an era. The start of a new one.

Folks www.mylegomaster.com is now offline. I have reinvented the site under www.biomechanicalbricks.com . As time passes I will continue to redesign the site and evolve its content. I have enjoyed the feedback I have gotten from the site and I will (...) (21 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  GardenSLUG Roll Call - Member Info Needed -

Looking to put together Garden State Lego Users info for our New Web-Site. Please include, Your Name: Web-Site URL/Brickshelf Gallery/ and BrickLink Store info if applicable. Rough whereabouts of where you live in New Jersey so we can add you to the (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.general)

  Re: Saturday Science Event - Pictures of the Create and Race -

Pictures of the Event. (URL) tried to capture the interest everyone had in the buckets of Lego and how everyone had so much fun racing their vehicles after creating them. Great event, thank you all. Eric Sophie www.biomechanicalbricks.com (...) (21 years ago, 31-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Garden State Lego User Group - New Jersey Club Sign

Heh, I'm inocent I tell ya! ;) e (...) (21 years ago, 30-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Garden State Lego User Group - New Jersey Club Sign

Eric, Where's the blue? B. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Garden State Lego User Group - New Jersey Club Sign

Thanks, it took Jenny and I around 9 hours to build. Our finger nails will (...) (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSlug Meeting?

DUDE! gimme a call! Send me a message! Come on Down! yay! e (URL)OH WOW, I am a FOOL...been visiting LUGNET for over a year and a half (...) ooooooh! yay! (21 years ago, 26-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSlug Meeting?

(...) (started posting last month) and I had not YET been to >.>.>.GARDENSLUG. Well maybe because I was out at Wash U in St. Louis (I live in Monmouth County)...anyway, I'm taking classes at Monmouth U this semester and I should be around a good (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Saturday Science Event

Hello all, my apologies on the delay in getting this out. It has been a rough weekend/weekstart. As mentioned briefly in our last get together, we have an opportunity to get our feet wet as a group. This Saturday there will be a Science event for (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Garden State Lego User Group - New Jersey Club Sign

Great job guys!! Jeff (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Garden State Lego User Group - New Jersey Club Sign

Hey all, Jenny and I built this sign today in preparation for a Science Fair Exhibit that GardenSLUG will be contributing to. Garden State Lego User Group - New Jersey Club Sign (URL) built the Lettering and we both built the entire design. The base (...) (21 years ago, 25-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build)

  When was your LUG/LTC/MUG formed?

Hi! This is a periodic "call for information" regarding the dates of formation of all LUGs, LTCs, MUGs, etc., around the world. I've been maintaining a comprehensive list for the past couple of years... (URL) I'm thinking of putting into a database (...) (21 years ago, 20-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.msltc, lugnet.trains.org.scltc, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.org.ca.viclug, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.org.us.carlug, lugnet.org.us.cmlug, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.gmlug, lugnet.org.us.hrmug, lugnet.org.us.legotics, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.us.texlug, lugnet.org.us.wamalug, lugnet.org.us.wafol, lugnet.loc.jp, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.robotics) !

  Re: GardenSLUG Meeting

Great meeting everyone! Let's meet again soon. Thanks for comming! (URL) Sophie (URL) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  LEGO store fixtures for sale

Hi all, I just happened into a set of LEGO display pieces from a closing toy store and I'm interested in retrieving some of my investment (hopefully I didn't pay too much). I currently have a giant Technic brick and a mega-size minifig for sale on (...) (21 years ago, 13-Mar-03, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Sidebar

Yay! Great! So, we'll put together some links and post stuff about meetings. Can we have a contest or collaboration to make a Slug out of Lego, or use that cool design with the Brick Separator! What is our Logo? Eric Sophie (...) (21 years ago, 12-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Sidebar

Hello all, I've asked Todd for curatorship here and he has obliged. Feel free to submit suggestions for links and info as I begin to build the sidebar. Lastly, don't forget the meeting on Sunday! Jeff (21 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSlug Meeting

After talking with Eric about this and finding out that hes about 1 hour and a few mins away I will be taking the trip down there. I will hopefully have lots of good info when I come back! Wayne (...) (21 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: GardenSlug Meeting

(...) You know, I'm looking for an excuse to go visit my brother in East Rutherford, NJ, but I'm tied up this weekend :-( I'll keep eavesdropping on you guys for future meetings, though... Ed (...) (21 years ago, 11-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: GardenSlug Meeting

Anyone from LUCNY or in the region wanna come down on the 16th? e (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: GardenSlug Meeting?

Ok all, we have a date set for the next Gardenslug Meeting. Sunday March 16th. My house. Send me a message via e-mail and I'll get you the directions. See ya then! Bring MOCs and Extra Lego for trade if you want. (...) (21 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: GardenSlug Meeting?

I'd enjoy going to a meeting, esp. since I'll have some nice stuff to bring after I get my shipment from Amazon.com this week. However, being only 15, location is an issue as far as convincing parents to drive me. FYI I live all the way up in Sussex (...) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  GardenSlug Meeting?

Any one interested in a meeting? I have many ideas I would like to kick around. Eric Sophie (URL) (21 years ago, 24-Feb-03, to lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

  Re: Contact-Me 2003

Great shot Eric, just one thing, AOL??? I mean, AOL???? The mechs are awesome, but A.O.L? You're not selling out I hope. Of course, I suppose a mech that automatically installed AOL on any computer it got near would be the most fearsome mech in the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.people, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.robotics)

  Contact-Me 2003

I got your Giant Robots right here! (URL) me 2003 mylegomaster@AOL.com www.mylegomaster.com Legomaster (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.people, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: In Harrisburg PA area the week of 15-20 December 2002

(...) Typically go home every weekend unless I choose to stay behind, which I sometimes do if something neat comes up. (...) Not sure exactly but it should be some number of weeks anyway. Could be all first quarter or even more. Thanks for the (...) (22 years ago, 15-Dec-02, to lugnet.loc.us.pa.phi.har, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact