 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 355
Re: Greetings from another slug lurking in the garden...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Wed, 2 Apr 2003 06:06:54 GMT

Hello! and Welcome! Your timming adds to the excitment of rallying the SLUGers!

1. Glad to have you.
2. I'll add you to the member list.
3. Hey let's have another GardenSLUG meeting!
4. Its cool we all like Lego!
5. Looking to build steam and gather steam, you interests help the dynamic
of the group!

yay!

http://www.biomechanicalbricks.com/GardenSLUG/index.htm

www.biomechanicalbricks.com

In lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, Paul S. D'Urbano writes:
Hi!

I finally stopped lurking and began posting to LUGNET last fall but haven't
gotten around to posting to .org.us.gardenslug until now.  I kept thinking
I'd wait until I saw some activity about a get-together but since I didn't
check this group regularly I missed my chance with the March meeting
(similar to Andrew Saada's recent post).  I've setup email delivery for
.org.us.gardenslug so hopefully that won't happen again.

I live in north-west Passaic county which seems to be close to the heart of
GardenSLUG country, judging by Eric's map.  In terms of my favorite LEGO
themes: Mid-1990's Technic is what released me from my Dark Ages (8480 in
particular), the Star Wars line brought me back to Minifig sets, and 10020
turned me into something of a train-head.  Most of my LUGNET posting has
been trains related, but my interests now span all over the LEGO spectrum.

I'm embarassed to say I don't (yet) have any MOCs to share.  I have a
Brickshelf account but right now all it has is some ideas I had for compact
track layouts for running trains on my dining room table.  My house is too
small to have a dedicated LEGO room, which my wife probably regrets more
than I do since she has trouble arranging her dining room knick-knacks
around train tracks and an Imperial Star Destroyer :-)

My Brickshelf page is:
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=durbano

Hope to meet you all sometime at a GardenSLUG event.  Can't wait to see some
of Eric's amazing creations in person!

Regards,
Paul S. D'Urbano