 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 390
Re: GardenSLUG Successful at the Greenhouse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 01:19:12 GMT

Actually, despite my only being 15, I do have quite a few monorail
pieces. My parents bought me a used airport monrail set ~5 years ago at
a garage sale and they've been pretty much sitting around collecting
dust. Not all of the pieces for the station were there, but to the best
of my knowledge all of the track is there, so I guess I could lend it to
the cause if I ever get to a meeting...

Tim Caffrey wrote:

In lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, Andrew Saada wrote:

In lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, Andrew Bulthaupt wrote:

Just a suggestion, what if, instead of doing a train setup you do a
monorail setup that ties with the moonbase theme, like with the old
space sets and the Unitron Monorail. Obviously both could be done, but I
really enjoy the monorail look.
Two Cents from a Jersey person yet to go to a meeting,
-Andrew B.

Welcome Andrew!¬
Just wanted to add in my pennies to the brainstorming well. (This was already
seen by Andrew via email-no I'm not talking in the third person.)

I personally like the look of the monorail trams/cars better than train ones.
I know there has been discussion of implementing monorail track into the
Moonbase but I haven't followed it nor do I know if that will be addressed at
Brickfest. You actually might be able to do a search in .space under monorail
but I don't remember seeing anything recently. Developing the Unitron model
into a "masstransit" company would allow an official model to make its way
into the system.

-Andrew S.

Hey guys, I like the monorail idea to, but those sets are hard to come by these
days. Anybody have any they can add?

But there is plenty  of room there for both trains and a moonbase, why limit
ourselves?

-Tim