 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 377
Re: GardenSLUG Successful at the Greenhouse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, lugnet.space, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 2003 14:42:43 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, Jeff Stabile wrote:
Pictures also on Brickshelf:

Jeff, I am so glad you hooked us up with this Event. The Green House is
absolutely beautiful. I felt at home. The Green House manager was also very kind
and she seemed genuienly glad we (GardenSLUG) was there at the event.

We have standing offers to display and hold meetings at the Green House in the
future. I say we oughta go for it. The place is huge!

It was also great to have Tim display his Moonbase Modules with us and it was
nice to meet Tony too. He had a really nice camera and I bet he took some great
shots.

Once again, I had a really great time. Thanks to everyone!

Oh! I wanted to mention some deets about our Moonbase.

FIRSTLY! Thank you to the great guys in the .Space Community for comming up with
the whole Moonbase Concept. We told alot of people during the event bout the
concept and had URLs posted to www.Classic-Space.com

Our Moonbase was geared around two themes.

1. We wanted to make the Moonbase theme to go along with the Green House
concept. So Jeff created a Hydo-ponics bay. He had fun using all kinds of cool
parts to create tons of details. Great Job! The base features over 100 windows!

2. I wanted to make a "Mech-Bay" docking facility. (of course) but seriously, I
figured it was a good way to bridge the genres. I hope others will attempt the
same thing. Any Takers?

All in all our fledgling attempt was well recived. We hope to polish off some of
the details for display at Brick Fest this August. We know that many of the
Spacers are great builders and we have to build to a high standard. So what you
see in these pictures will probably be refined just a tad more.

Great, thanks again everyone and enjoy the pictures:

Eric Sophie
GardenSLUG