 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 373
372  |  374
Subject:
GardenSLUG to the Greenhouse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2003 01:24:43 GMT

Well gang, we have our second opportunity to present our stuff to the
public.  A local greenhouse here in Hackettstown will be having a day-long
festival called "Perennial Fest".  Going from 10 AM to 6 PM on Saturday,
June 7th they have invited our group to display whatever we want and will
commit as much space as we want.

Perennial Fest offers a variety of seminars (one of which will be close-up
photography for flowers but hey Lego is close up too), garden displays,
contests and prizes.

For the event Eric and I have started a large moonbase module complex and he
will be bringing Jama and company.  We are looking for anyone else in the
group who would like to present their designs with us. Additional modules
would be cool but hey, make what you want and bring it!

In addition to being a good warm-up for the official LEGO event in Philly,
we are already getting press on this and will be mentioned over the airwaves
when the Greenhouse Asst. Mgr. goes on the radio for an interview the night
before.

If you can't make something for display, then come on by anyway!  We'll need
some folks to help explain our group, LUGNET and the expanded world of LEGO
that a lot of people are not aware exists. (This will be a heavily attended
event)

Post replies or email Eric or I if you can chip in.  We're going to try to
fill 2 12' x 12' spaces so give us a shout.

Thanks

Jeff

Link:

http://www.donaldsonsgreenhouse.com/