 Organizations / United States / GardenSLUG / 344
343  |  345
Subject:
Saturday Science Event
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.gardenslug
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 13:31:41 GMT

Hello all, my apologies on the delay in getting this out.  It has been a
rough weekend/weekstart.

As mentioned briefly in our last get together, we have an opportunity to get
our feet wet as a group.  This Saturday there will be a Science event for
Kindergarten through 3rd graders at a small school in Long Valley, NJ
(Washington Twp, Morris County).  Since the age of the students is young,
this event focuses more on providing hands-on displays/events for the
children.  We have committed to providing the opportunity for the children
to build their own LEGO race cars and launch them down a small ramp
(Pinewood Derby style).  The school is currently looking into obtaining a
ramp for us.

With the help of Jake and Eric we have obtained a K8 (as many of you already
know) to use and now we need some manpower.  Eric and I could use at least 2
more volunteers (Though all are welcome of course!) to help guide the kids
building and keep an eye on the bricks.
Setup for the event starts at 9AM, children begin touring the exhibits
around 11 AM and it ends at 3PM.  Lunch will be provided for us.

Please respond to this post or my email if you can join us and I'll send
directions.

Thank you!

Jeff