 Organizations / Canada / ParLUGment / *504 (-100)
  Re: Next Meeting

Hey, Les Boys: (...) Xposted to .org.ca.monlug (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Next Meeting

Just a note to let everyone know that our next meeting is this Saturday. We will meet for dinner, sounds like it will be Red Lobster on Merivale as usual, and then head to my place for some more visiting. Feel free to bring any MOC's, finds, etc. I (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott)

  Some minor Costco deals

I was in Costco on Merivale yesterday and they had... 3-packs of Bionicle Bohrok for $22 Spider-Man and Green Goblin combo pack for $40 J (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott)

  Re: Strangest dream last night

(...) So you are coming right? Come on you know you want to. Check the page! This time they got a big price... ;) (...) LOL that doesn't sounds like something you would do. What you would do is to hit all the Zellers/WM/TRU and St. Jacobs, found all (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Strangest dream last night

(...) mmm....Welcome to rtlToronto...got to have that amazing off-the-hook dream. WOW!!! That is a different dream. I am not Freud, but if I were to simply analyze it...I'd say you really want to get into hard-core Robot Building like Ka-on, but are (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Strangest dream last night

My dream started out as I drove from Ottawa to Toronto for my first robotics competition, bringing with me, my non-existent girlfriend. Upon arriving, I realized I left my robot in Ottawa. Iain offered to lend me a spare creation of his but I (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Wedding topper MOC

Hi, (...) Thanks! (...) Yep, they are chrome bricks. Like Ken said, they were available in a 25th anniversary special bucket, but I got mine from brickbay. (...) Cheers! Kevin (22 years ago, 7-Jun-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Wedding topper MOC

(...) Looks great Kevin! You'll have to make sure you post a pic of it on top of the cake too. Good luck with the wedding plans. Tim Strutt 8^) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Wedding topper MOC

(...) I think it's fabulous too. Well done Kevin. Kenneth, the chrome bricks were available in 25th anniversary special edition buckets and tubs. That was 2-3 years ago, I believe. Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Wedding topper MOC

(...) <snip> Awesome! The heart shape is just right, and the design in general will (IMHO) look great on top of a traditional wedding cake. Question: Are those silver/chrome bricks that I see, or a reflection off some very shiney black bricks? If (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jun-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  3439 at Winners

Checked Winners today, and they had some new stuff: 3439 Spy Runner for $9.99 and the soccer ball bus for $16.99 is in again. The spy runner is sweet - MISB airplanes are always good :) and the bus has white train windows. Some Winners may still (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Brickfest

(...) I am planning to go... and I have no problem driving down :) As for dinner tomorrow, I will be absent.... It seems that my friends have deemed tomorrow 'movie night' and I am obliged to go :( Jeff VW (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: Brickfest

(...) Thanks for the reply. Jude (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: Brickfest

(...) It's almost positive that we're driving down, as to the configuration, we have no real idea, it's all up in the air. I think JeffVW was planning to drive, I might drive down as well, now that I know someone in the car body repair business :) (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Brickfest

Hi guys, I really want to go, but with the loonie the way it is I need to figure how to save costs. ParLUGment going as a group is pretty much out of the picture due to Kevin making a 'small' commitment this summer and Tim starting a new job. Ben (...) (22 years ago, 30-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: MonLUG and ParLUGment train show pics

Here are even more pictures. I had to pick and choose from my over 200MB taken :-) (URL) at the show, I met many lurkers who came to the show as a result of postings on LUGNET including a father and two children who came because of pictures Martin (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: MonLUG and ParLUGment train show pics

Here are some more pics from my camera: (URL) most of the pictures I used a tripod. I was very impressed with how they turned out, being the first time I have used a tripod - it allows for a nice motion blur effect when trains go by: (URL) Kevin Z (...) (22 years ago, 9-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.trains)

  MonLUG and ParLUGment train show pics

Hello all, Well, the first MonLUG-ParLUGment joint train show was a complete success. Both groups worked very well together and pulled off the setup like pros. We received alot of praise and good words for our efforts. We are doing it all over again (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Newest MOC - Minifig

~Very nice! Cute baby picture, you must be so proud. -R P.S. a really good post title! Babies are in actuality miniature figures aka, ‘minifigs.’ =) (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Newest MOC - Minifig

"Tim Strutt" <heidi.strutt@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:Gu4s1J.9oH@lugnet.com... (...) followed (...) Congradulations Tim, hope everyone is doing well and healthy! Iain (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Newest MOC - Minifig

(...) Tim, Why do you look tired in that picture? After all, it was Heidi that carried her around for nine months and gave birth. You just took her to the hospital. <g,d,r> Jude (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  It is finished

Just dropping a line to say I am home safe and sound. Kevin just passed me before my exit so he should be home too. I will post about the show and pics tomorrow, first I need a shower and a good night's sleep. TTYL, Jude (22 years ago, 8-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Newest MOC - Minifig

Well, I am happy to announce my latest MOC, my beautiful daughter Alyssa. She was born April 1st, 2002, at 7:48am, weighing 7 pounds, 10 ounces. Here she is just hours after birth: (URL) just a mini fig now, but she's growing quickly, and soon (...) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: MonLUG and ParLUGment hold their first joint Train Show!

(...) Hi Kevin, Unfortunately neither Iain nor I will be making it down to the event due to prior commitments. But thanks for the invite, it is much appreciated! Calum (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  MonLUG and ParLUGment hold first joint train show

Un message francais suit. A french message follows. Hello to all, I'm proud to announce the Montreal Area Lego User Group (MonLUG) second and the Ottawa Lego User Group's first participation in a Montreal Area train show. It will be held at (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.ca) !

  Re: MonLUG and ParLUGment hold their first joint Train Show!

The last couple of nights I have been working on additional details. I just have one thing left to build for the show tonight. After that, I will begin repacking, which will include labeling the baseplates, labeling the track and cleaning all the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: MonLUG and ParLUGment hold their first joint Train Show!

Is anyone from Toronto planning on coming down? Kevin Dixon (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: MonLUG and ParLUGment hold their first joint Train Show!

Well, I packed up most of my buildings and models last night. Looks like they should fit in the four 12 gallon walmart containers I bought. Now I hope it will just fit in my car... not to mention Jude & I may have to take Tim's stuff down... On the (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Video?

"Matthias Jetleb" <Jetleb@Netcom.ca> wrote in message news:3c9abb88.383728...net.com... (...) I use Adobe Premiere 6. I originally was forced to use 5, until I bought a IEEE 1394/FireWire card. Before that, I was capturing the footage via the (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Video?

To take this subject slightly off topic... which editing package do you use? Matthias Jetleb (who's only just starting to actually use the DV in DV) (22 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: MonLUG and ParLUGment hold their first joint Train Show!

(...) I am getting excited. The last few days I have been building like mad. This is going to be so cool. On top of all the last minute pressure, Tim's wife is due in a week. Imagine that, bringing a new life into the world AND a train show within a (...) (22 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Video?

"Tim Strutt" <heidi.strutt@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:GtB9ww.Fwt@lugnet.com... (...) Yeah, it's still on MiniDV though. I started editing it like a week or two after I got back. I got about a minute and a half done and realized I had just (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Video?

Iain, I don't know if you guys are planning to make it to the coming Train Show in Montreal, but in case you do, is there any possibility that you might have the footage from the previous show in Montreal? If you're too busy, I understand, but it (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  MonLUG and ParLUGment hold their first joint Train Show!

Un message français suit. A french message follows. Hello to all, I'm proud to announce MonLUG's second and ParLUGment's first joint participation in a Montreal Area train show. It will be held at Georges-Vanier High School in Laval (just north of (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: 3409 Championship Challenge clearout at WalMart for $24.97CAD

Yep, saw these in Ottawa as well tonight at the Place D'Orleans mall. Had a whole bunch of them. Also, the local Winners now has the TimeCruisers set 6495 for $9.99. Cheers, Kevin (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: LEGO taking over my food budget

(...) Gloucester Centre. Wanna join ParLUGment? Jude (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: LEGO taking over my food budget

Which Loblaws is this that has lego? (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: LEGO taking over my food budget

What did ya get? Kevin (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: LEGO taking over my food budget

(...) Well, guess that's why Lego seems to be a such commodity these days. I personally, have a hard time resisting the Lego Aisle when I go shopping, but It hardly ever sucks my budget up, (unless I see old space and castle sets on clearance) :) Oh (...) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  LEGO taking over my food budget

I just went out to get groceries. My total bill was $66.00. $36.72 of it was LEGO. This means Loblaws has HTO sets in stock.<g> Jude Thank goodness pasta is cheap. :-) (23 years ago, 6-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: New BrickDreams Site - 7 New Scenes

(...) I like these... but I got inspired to do my own. I put it up on Brickshelf (LLC) if anyone wants to borrow it. It's 1280x1024, since that's what I run at. LMK if you want it in a different res - but I encourage you to just get MLCad, l3p and (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: New BrickDreams Site - 7 New Scenes

(...) There's some very cool gear renders at this site. Play well. Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 3-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: My first MOC in 3D

Hey (...) Looks very nice and better now. I like the graininess of the windows ;) Play well Carsten (23 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.cad)

  Re: My first MOC in 3D

(...) I've played a little more with light positioning and here's a better shot in various sizes: (URL) Play well. Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 12-Jan-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.cad)

  Re: My first MOC in 3D

(...) I'm in for any ldraw challenges. I'm trying to get something together for the ldraw MOTM, but so far haven't had much time... perhaps next month. Kevin (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: My first MOC in 3D

(...) I like the model. I think we should have an LDRAW challenge for one of our meetings. :-) I find it an excellent resource to document model design. I only wish I put more time into using it. Jude BTW, you can use your Studio camera to take some (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  My first MOC in 3D

Well, I decided to test the waters in the LDRAW and related software community finally. I've created a 3D model of my latest MOC Train Car as an initial test. I'll try to find a picture to scan of the actual model. I don't have a digital camera yet, (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Post Christmas Deals

(...) Yes, that is true. There's still a lot of big ticket items that I want to get from shop@home: Metroliner Kit ~ $167 Wild West Kit ~ $179 Blacksmith Shop ~ $39 each More Guarded Inns ~ $25 each Tanker Train Car ~ $20 Hopper Train Car ~ $20 Not (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott)

  Re: Post Christmas Deals

(...) Actually, I am not complaining. It is giving me a chance to save up for future deals. :-) Jude (23 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott)

  Post Christmas Deals

Hi, Anybody find any good Christmas deals around Ottawa yet? Most places I've been to have been cleaned out. Only thing I've seen is the big construction set at Zellers for $45 or so, but still didn't pick one up. How about you guys? Kevin (23 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott)

  Re: My Christmas Tree Train

(...) Gee Kevin, I did not realize how much you are in love. Sacrificing that much of your train layout area for Christmas. :-) My layout is a little different spanning across my building table, ktchen table and a small desk that is going to hit the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  My Christmas Tree Train

Hi all, Here is my train setup that circles our christmas tree: (URL) track setup is a double level spiral with a siding for another train. The grade is not too bad, but if there are more than 5-6 cars on the train, you need at least 2 motors to (...) (23 years ago, 28-Dec-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Merry Christmas

Hi everyone, Just wishing everyone a Merry Christmas! For lego sets, I got 4790 Alpha Team Diver, 7203 Jedi Defense I, and a couple of Dino sets from my SO. Great stocking stuffers. Also finally got a Club Car from Shop@Home a few days ago, along (...) (23 years ago, 26-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: US S@H Specials, Dec 19 - Dec 25, 2001

(...) I don't remember who was looking for them, but here's the 6558 Shark's Cage Cove on sale at S@H for half price. Hope this helps someone out. Merry Christmas and Play well. Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: 2002 sets found in TRU Merivale

Hi, I can confirm that TRU in St. Laurent also has the new sets. I picked up Harry Potter Flying Lesson, 2 figs and stuff for under $5. Not too bad. I think I may be getting a few ewok sets though ... they look kind of cool. Hadn't seen anything at (...) (23 years ago, 14-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: 2002 sets found in TRU Merivale

(...) I was checking those out on Saturday, and telling my wife, "you can get me any of these for stocking stuffers"! :-) I saw a bunch of sets at Lincoln Heights Walmart today too. Several SW sets for $9.86 each, several new Racer sets for $4.86 (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: 2002 sets found in TRU Merivale

(...) Great some new gifts for under the tree. :-) Jude (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  2002 sets found in TRU Merivale

Harry Potter 4711 Flying Lesson $5 Alpha Team 4790 Deep Sea Robot Diver $5 4796 Ogel Mutant Squid $15 Star Wars 7139 Ewok Attack $18 Final duel I & II, Jedi defence I $10 And a bunch of new racer sets with pull back motor and body-less figures for (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Parlugment meeting in December?

(...) I'd love to get together in December, but I probably won't be back from the in-laws in NB until the 29th, so the first week of January might work out better for me. You guys go ahead if you can though. If we wait until Jan, I could host it, (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Parlugment meeting in December?

Hi all, Well the last Parlugment meeting was successful. And my email and posting is finally working properly again (grr - @home to @rogers conversion). At the last meeting, we went to Red Lobster for supper, then hit Zellers where Jude & I picked (...) (23 years ago, 6-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: The TOMLUG Alliance

(...) Now you have to visit 3 cities in Canada. ;-) Jude (23 years ago, 5-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The TOMLUG Alliance

(...) Hey, excellent! As a MonLUG honorary member, I hope to make *some* events, sometime... (Wish it wasn't just wishful thinking!... for now.) -Shiri (already starting to make plans for the summer...) (23 years ago, 1-Dec-01, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Parlugment Meeting this Friday Nov 23rd

(...) Hi guys! Sorry, I will not be able to do it this time. Too bad... Next time! Pierre (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: Parlugment Meeting this Friday Nov 23rd

(...) I migth go, not sure yet, could you e-mail me direction to Red Lobster and your place in case I go. Martin (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Parlugment Meeting this Friday Nov 23rd

Hi everyone, This Friday we are having a Parlugment meeting in Ottawa. So far we have 4 people confirmed, Tim, Jude, Ka-On and myself. Jeff are you able to make it? Anyone else who will be in the Ottawa area this Friday (any MonLugers available?), (...) (23 years ago, 22-Nov-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: Meeting

(...) FINALLY!!! (...) Sweet!!! (...) I will have to find a box to bring it in. <grin> (...) Is any of it for sale i.e. $$$? (...) Jude (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Meeting

Hi, I think everyone can make it on the 23rd, except Jeff hasn't confirmed. However, I think we should go ahead on the Friday anyways. We can do the usual - go for supper around 6pm, hit some lego stores, and then head over to my place. I will email (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Meeting

(...) Well, the 17th is gone by, and we've heard one against the 24th, so how does the 23rd sound to everyone? Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Meeting

(...) I got booked on 24th. I am fine with 17th or 23rd. (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Meeting

Hi, (...) Thats fine with me. Also this Saturday 17th is another option... Kevin (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: rtlToronto Train2 Video

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@excite.com> wrote in message news:GMswq2.G2E@lugnet.com... (...) Uh... :) (...) train, (...) I also thought that was a particularily cute shot. (...) and (...) for (...) long (...) Pierre's Genesis engine is extremly (...) (23 years ago, 15-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Meeting

How about Friday the 23rd or Sat the 24th? Jude (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: rtlToronto Train2 Video

(...) I'll have to agree with that statement (and whole heartedly, I might add!!) great job putting it together.... I have several comments about it.... 1) Even though Chris doesn't "like" his image at the start of the video holding the "caboose" (...) (23 years ago, 14-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: Holy Cow!

(...) Don't worry John. I have been inspired to help get something organized in Ottawa within the next year. You hear that Tim, and Kevin, you need to get building. :-) First thing though, we have to meet. <grin> Jude (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  More pics from our latest train show

Hi all! In addition to Jude's pics, I've added 145 more pics from our 1st MonLUG train show held last weekend. (URL) and let us know what you think! Pierre MonLUG #1 (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  My pictures from MonLUG Train Show

I finally got them up... (URL) I put up some pics from the last MonLUG meeting... (URL) MonLUG (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto Train2 Video

(...) Derek (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: rtlToronto Train2 Video

(...) Oh! Oh! Pick me!!! Over here!!! Pick me!!! I'll have it up on my site by tonite. Dave (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  The TOMLUG Alliance

rtlToronto, ParLUGment and MonLUG are proud to announce the TOMLUG Alliance, the Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal LEGO User Groups Alliance. We have agreed to not only accept the free flow of members between our groups but encourage members all our groups to (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: rtlToronto Train2 Video

(...) Just got back from Montreal w/Iain. First off, thanks to MonLUG for a great show. More on this in another post. But here's the rtlToronto/train2 as shot and edited by the illustrious Iain Hendry: (URL) is 79MByte and is in MPEG format. I think (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug) !

  rtlToronto Train2 Video

Woo hoo! Iain, the video is GREAT! I love the tons of on-track footage. And I like the swooping & panning(?) shots (I'm not up on the terms). Nice soundtrack too. Very applicable. :-) Thanks a million for making that available to us. It will be (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: MonLUG holds its first train show!

(...) Touché (23 years ago, 8-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: MonLUG holds its first train show!

(...) I must agree. Those maps look like they will make it easy to find the show. Thanks very much. (...) ROFLMAO!!! Haha. Very funny. You forget the most important factor, the fact that I drive faster than the speed of light. Therefore we can leave (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: MonLUG holds its first train show!

(...) MonLUG, Great job on the maps. I am glad to see it is on our side of the city. :-) Tim, It starts at 10am and we should have a trip of about 90 minutes. Factoring in our ability to leave on time, the drag coefficient of your car, the weight of (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Stuff

(...) Your probably right about that...though my sister very much enjoys listening to the song while she watches the Train1 video. She hasn't bugged me to see it in a while, but she still very much enjoys the video AND the song... :) (...) (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: Stuff

"Benjamin Medinets" <bmedinets@excite.com> wrote in message news:GMDq7p.3It@lugnet.com... (...) Aight I'll bring some copies then, too. (...) :) No, it doesn't have a whicked soundtrack, because I realised how annoying that Aurora song was when we (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: Stuff

(...) I have two Larges and one Medium left for the first batch, and more on order. Unfortunately they won't be available until (arrrgh) after the show. I'll bring the three up, and we can get the rest up to you guys later on. BTW, would you mind if (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  MonLUG holds its first train show!

Un message français suivra. A french message will follow. Hello to all, I'm proud to announce MonLUG's first participation in a Montreal Area train show. It will be held at Georges-Vanier High School in Laval (just north of Montreal) on Saturday, (...) (23 years ago, 7-Nov-01, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Stuff

(...) D'oh!!! Great Job..... I can't wait to see it....I'd love a copy (@ the november dinner!!) Much Kudos, and knowing you its got a bad-@$$ soundtrack like Train1.... :) Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: Stuff

(...) Why don't you guys work on it together....or will that be too complicated... (clash of wills, etc). Benjamin Medinets (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: November Train Show

Hi guys, I wish I could come, but I am totally booked up this week, right till Sunday. So you'll have to take lots of pictures and post them... I should be available for a Parlugment meeting after Sunday. Either the next weekend, or the weekend (...) (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Stuff

"Tim Strutt" <heidi.strutt@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:GMC68F.57t@lugnet.com... (...) Well, I just finished it. So nya. :) I'll bring several copies to Montreal this weekend. Iain (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: November Train Show

(...) A man of faith. :-) (...) LOL!! (...) Looking forward to the trip. Give me a call when you know what is up. Jude (23 years ago, 6-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Stuff

"Tim Strutt" <heidi.strutt@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:GMC68F.57t@lugnet.com... (...) No, not yet. The footage is still in limbo between Calum and I - I don't think either of us has decided yet who's going to do the editing. (...) Yeah, I (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  Re: November Train Show

(...) You bet. Looking forward to having a passenger. It's still not a 100% sure thing for me, but I am still planning as if it is. Once we get the location and time, I can estimate when we have to depart, say, plan for 1hr before we actually have (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: November Train Show

(...) Tim, Can I hook up with you for the trip Saturday? Jude (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: November Train Show

(...) Yeah, me too. I need directions and timelines guys. Please post all the info so we can all see it. Thanks. Play well. Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Stuff

First, Calum, can you bring T-shirts for us out-of-towners to the Montreal train show? I asked for medium, I'm not sure about anyone else. I vaguely recall Ka-On asked for medium also. I'll buy his too and get it to him if you have two medium's. If (...) (23 years ago, 5-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca.monlug)

  SW combo packs

In case anyone is having a hard time finding the Y-Wing&Tie/Snow Speeder combo pack, I saw 13 of them in Kanata at Hazeldean Zeller's yesterday. Needless to say, they had 2 less when I left. :-) Play well. Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 4-Nov-01, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott)

  Re: Meeting Soon???

(...) What about a weekday evening? Jude (23 years ago, 29-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact