 Organizations / Canada / MonLUG / 441
Re: MonLUG and ParLUGment hold their first joint Train Show!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.monlug, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 13:23:32 GMT

The last couple of nights I have been working on additional details. I just
have one thing left to build for the show tonight. After that, I will begin
repacking, which will include labeling the baseplates, labeling the track
and cleaning all the models.

In lugnet.org.ca.monlug, Kevin Dixon writes:
Well, I packed up most of my buildings and models last night.  Looks
like they should fit in the four 12 gallon walmart containers I bought.
Now I hope it will just fit in my car... not to mention Jude & I may
have to take Tim's stuff down...

I still have lots of extra room, I just hope Tim still uses most of the
small containers because they can easily be packed into the holes left by
our large containers.

On the weekend the Ottawa side of this show did a test layout in my
living room.  We mananged to lay it out in 3 seperate sections (not all
at the same time - my living room is not that big!).  It was starting to
look pretty cool.

What do you mean starting?!?

This week I have spent time building details.  Its funny how you can
build a whole building in one night, and then you spend the next whole
night building the perfect park bench!  But I think I've got enough
details built now for the whole town.

I just copied yours <g>

The last thing to do is to mark my track and check my rolling stock
situation.  How do other people mark their track for other train shows?
I am considering just writing my name in permanent marker on the
underside of the rail.  It shouldn't be visible, and that way it will be
marked for next time.

I am going to go for a temporary solution, masking tape.

In any case if anyone is in the Montreal area this weekend, come on by!
It is going to be a huge layout and should be lots of fun.

There Kevin goes again, using the incorrect word again ;-) The last sentence
should read: "It is going to be a huge layout and will be lots of fun."

Cheers,
Kevin

Peace Out,

Jude