 Off-Topic / Debate / 28348
28347  |  28349
Subject:
Should AFOL websites keep to themselves?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2007 18:09:12 GMT

While not naming any specific sites, I would be interested in hearing the Community’s thoughts on whether you think it right or wrong for one AFOL site to talk about another AFOL site. For purposes of this discussion, we will assume that by talk I mean badmouth.

For example, let’s say Site A starts threads mentioning that the murfling on Site Z is out of control and that the mods are too heavy handed. Then Site Z responds by saying that Site A is just a bunch of ‘loser poopy-pants who can’t make any cool Lego creations.’ Site A counters with some name calling and threats of ‘as yet to be determined actions to be taken in the future against Site Z.’ The members of Site Z vigorously defend their beloved site and call for all members of Site A to be banned from joining Site Z forever. Site A then points out that it was created before Site Z and that they know more about Lego than anyone else plus who would want to join Site Z anyways since only posers go there. Site Z hears about what Site A just said and then within minutes they...

Whew - I need a drink of water.

Is this a large problem in your eyes? If so, are there any steps that could be taken by anyone that you believe could help the situation?

All thoughts greatly appreciated!