 Off-Topic / Debate / 28383
Re: Should AFOL websites keep to themselves?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 20:02:53 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Timothy Gould wrote:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Chris Phillips wrote:

<snip>

Fair enough.  But if we're going to start policing spelling and grammatical
errors here on LUGNET then Big Brother is going to be awfully busy...

Ordinarily I wouldn't bother pointing it out but I feel that when someone
decides to be pedantic they really ought to do it properly.

says the man who used the word 'now' where the word 'no' should be...  :)

My point is that you clearly missed the point. Richie was in now way
implying that murfling was a part of Big Brother like activities on Lugnet.
He was implying it was a euphemism for censorship. You can argue the
semantics of doublespeak all you like but it doesn't in any way remedy your
original error of comprehension.

<snip>

Tim