 Off-Topic / Debate / 14931
Re: It's brawl night in the kiddie pool
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:33:41 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:

I would like to see both participants spend more time actually
participating in the LEGO community. Larry certainly does, but I'd like
to see more. Larry do you ever build for yourself anymore? Your kits are
interesting, but I'd love to see more building (says the guy who spends
so much time buying and sorting he hasn't built much...). Scott, do you
ever build? I can't recall any posts about your building.

Hooray!  I read all eighteen hundred posts in all seventy threads, and this
is the only solitary one that actually refers to LEGO BLOCKS!  Thanks,
Frank!!  You win!!!

How has this perfectly fun little toy brand come to be a means to an end for
creating the smelliest verbal moshpits, regarding topics that have about as
much to do with "playing well" as a flaming case of the gravies?

Dudes!  Talk about the blocks more!  LEGO Users Group...remember?  I don't
even know from "being a part of a community," which I think is also kind of
ser-i-os-o in regards to our silly little hobby, so no pressure, in my
twittish opionion.  But Gawd...just go BUILD something and then come back
here and tell me about it.

Spaceships!  Trains!  Robots!  C'mon, gang!!  :-)  :-)  :-)  :-)

--Dave (jot and jab)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx