 Off-Topic / Debate / 14923
Re: It's brawl night in the kiddie pool
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 23:43:27 GMT

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote in message
news:m3pu65cvzh.fsf@crossblock.localdomain...
"Tim Courtney" <tim@zacktron.com> writes:

NO NO NO NO NO!!!  Don't you see the point of all of our posts
expressing our COMPLETE DISGUST with the Scott and Larry
Show???!?!!!?!

It's a good thing we have you here to make sure that the show goes on,
then, isn't it.

Yep.  And its also a good thing we have people like Chris, Lawrence, Shiri,
Richard, Lindsay, Frank, etc are here to do the same.  (People who actually
care about the community, mind you)

If you want the debate to die out, you may want to
avoid joining it, and especially in that tone.

Perhaps my tone was knee-jerk, and perhaps I was in error for posting that
way rather than taking a step back and drafting a thoughtful reply.  But
we've seen over and over in this case, ignoring it doesn't make it go away.
Larry and Scott will keep at it, unless *they* ignore each other, or are
restricted from replying to each other by another force.

I've seen you doing this a lot of times, BTW.  You shout and bicker at
the people you call trolls.  Let's assume for a short while that the
people you call trolls are actually trolls.  Isn't it safe to assume
then that the kind of reaction you present them with is just what they
want?  Being trolls and all, I mean?

Well lets see, who have I called a troll?  After doing a search, I've found
that I have called Scott a troll, MM a troll, and have referred to a post by
Eric Kingsley as 'trolling' (that post was canceled, along with Eric's, by
mutual agreement).  Oh, and I referred to the reactions of some people to
Sproat deciding to leave (about a year ago) as trolling.

So, this is the first time I have shouted at someone I've called a troll.
As for bickering - I'm trying to quell the bickering here (and so are a
handful of others).  Not that my reaction above was proper, but it was still
in the attempt to point out how tiresome the whole shenanigan is.

-Tim