 Off-Topic / Fun / 8506
Re: Dung Beetles (was: It's brawl night in the kiddie pool)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 22:32:31 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Maggie Cambron writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Courtney writes:
NO NO NO NO NO!!!  Don't you see the point of all of our posts expressing
our COMPLETE DISGUST with the Scott and Larry Show???!?!!!?!  All you're
doing here is continuing it with half a dozen more PETTY BICKERING POSTS
aimed at Larry.

Grow up, get a life, go away.

You all take this far too seriously.  If you can detach yourselves a bit • you'll
see it's kind of like observing an exhibit of dung beetles in a glass case.
They roll up great balls of dung, periodically have territorial fights and
displays of aggression, reach a tentative peace, then roll up more balls of
dung.  When you get tired of watching the display you can walk away.

I think it's to do with relaxation - we can watch the fun, or ignore it if we
desire. Sorta like the fish channel. Our local Melbourne broadcaster also plays
fish swimming around when it has nothing else to show - and actually advertises
copies of the video for $20! I wonder how many they sell...

And the music they play along with it helps too - maybe o-t.debate should have
a soundtrack? Enya, anyone???

Really it's only a pain because it uses up bandwidth as well as making it
difficult to sort out the substantive issues and impossible to subscribe to
.debate.

I'm sure the dung beetles find it frustrating, too - cuts into their
dung-rolling time.

Ah, I see I've lost my chance at a decent parking spot.  No matter....

You have net access in your car?????

ROSCO