 Off-Topic / Debate / 14890
Re: It's brawl night in the kiddie pool
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 15:40:24 GMT

"Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message news:GnCxDG.JGr@lugnet.com...
Howdy,

I'd like to state that I'm really disgusted with the thread du jour and the
two key participants.  It was very nice here for about a month after the last
big blowup.  Why did you have to go and mess it up?

Without going through the last month of posts it seems to me that Scott, in
very slight increments, turned up the heat toward Larry.  Larry ignored it
completely for a while -- and boy was it nice.  And when some certain threshold
was reached, Larry exploded.  And now we have this current crap.

Or maybe this kind of interaction only violates my own sense of aesthetic, and
many of you disagree..?  As a native midwesterner I have found deep differences
in my expectations of how people should interact and those of the people in my
current surrounds (New Jersey).  So I guess I could be over reacting...but it
doesn't feel like it.

No. I agree.
Asked pretty much the same the other day
http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=14862

However, no surprise that ignored it and carried on arguing.

What is most annoying is that it seems like any thread on any topic now turns into the Larry and Scott show.
And whilst you (and they) might want to debate who started any particular arguement, the fact is that the other is
always as guilty for simply perpetuating it.

lawrence