 Off-Topic / Debate / 14912
Re: It's brawl night in the kiddie pool
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:28:34 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
Howdy,

I'd like to state that I'm really disgusted with the thread du jour and the
two key participants.  It was very nice here for about a month after the last
big blowup.  Why did you have to go and mess it up?

Without going through the last month of posts it seems to me that Scott, in
very slight increments, turned up the heat toward Larry.  Larry ignored it
completely for a while -- and boy was it nice.  And when some certain threshold
was reached, Larry exploded.  And now we have this current crap.

  I've got to agree.  But the crassness was cemented for me
  when Scott jumped on LD for the auctions--that was so very
  beyond the bounds of good taste, tact, and simple human empathy
  that I'm still astounded (but not entirely suprised, sadly).

My view on that still stands. Perhaps I should have bit my lip or showed
more tact, but my view still stands.

I'm afraid I would rather have unpopular views than change my views to
represent public opinion.

Scott A

  But the really disturbing part was that Larry's been descending
  over the last few months--I've seen more and more posts that
  I was almost *sure* were someone spoofing Larry.  Much of the
  Scott-n-Larry show has been mudslinging that should be beneath
  *both* participants--but having met Larry on several occasions,
  I find it more surprising and disappointing that he's wasting
  vital energy on the ceaseless and useless cycle of recrimination.
  I think what Richard posted in the other section of the thread
  was right on--we got past that, everyone simmered down, and
  all was right with the world again (especially now that we have
  cypress trees a-comin').  I was happy to see that happen.

  So, fergoshsakes, STOPITAWREDDY!

Or maybe this kind of interaction only violates my own sense of aesthetic, and
many of you disagree..?  As a native midwesterner I have found deep differences
in my expectations of how people should interact and those of the people in my
current surrounds (New Jersey).  So I guess I could be over reacting...but it
doesn't feel like it.

  Heh, Chris, I'd be really interested in hearing what you've
  pegged, being one of the same category of folks myself.  :)

  best

  LFB