 Off-Topic / Debate / 14900
Re: LUGNET at risk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 08:51:10 GMT

The problem with that line of reasoning is that it still leaves him starting
wars and casting slime elsewhere.

No, it leaves him talking to himself unless he can learn to play in a more
friendly way.

If his mischief were confined to off-topic.debate I would readily agree.

But it is not:

http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=3420

He stirred up trouble in a vile and malicious way and maliciously redirected
his bile to the wrong newsgroup, repeatedly, despite several people's
efforts to get it to where it belonged, here where it would cause less harm.

In the thread Larry mentions, I questioned a company who was apparently
noisily giving a token amount to the WTC charity. I questioned their
motives. Tim and John claimed that perhaps I was being insensitive. Perhaps I
was. I welcome both John and Tim's opinion (although not the tone). But I do
not want to be lectured to by Larry on this, as he has already made his
views clear on those seeking to gain from 911:

==+==
Dan:
I think it's just plain sick! Any person wishing to buy, sell, trade
and/or somehow turn a profit from debris soaked with the blood of their
countrymen is worthless scum in my opinion.

Larry:
OK, I think excessive profiteering is a bit despicable, yes. But ponder this.

I would like to have a small piece of the WTC because I want a tangible
reminder of this tragedy, something to spark discussion with my kids or
grandkids, and don't ever want to forget that horrid day.
==+==

No doubt, if one is willing to pay a premium, a blood soaked piece of debris
can be had?

Scott A