 Marketplace / Theory / 632
Re: Custom lego Kits group (was 4 axle custom Hopper)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 22:02:41 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:

BTW, we should be very careful next Summer and very clear in our discussions
with LEGO Direct that we desire any bulk purchase arrangements to be free
and clear of any strings attached which might prevent someone from reselling
the parts they purchase.  Personally, I would boycott any bulk purchasing
arrangement in which the purchase agreement disallowed resale.

Todd,

My take is that TLC should be concerned not about *will* someone take
some of these bulk-purchased parts and make custom created kits for
sale, but *what* venue would they be sold in. If someone (like Larry)
make 50-100 hoppers and sells them via lugnet, ebay or SC, has this
really harmed or competed with TLC ? I think not. If Larry's creations
get such attention that TRU or KB ask to carry them, then TLC may become
concerned. Its not the fact that people are being creative and
entreprenual, its whether they are competing with TLC in the core market.

Ray