 Marketplace / Theory / 646
Re: Custom lego Kits group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 00:28:44 GMT

I would think that they -might- put a stipulation on that you cannot resell
directly (Ie auction on E-bay for 3x the money).

I'll add a comment here: I was thinking that the parts would likely come
polybagged of some sort.  The way that I think they should post the restriction
is that you cannot resell them in the polybag -whist- L@D has/can get the part.
This is to prevent the worst of the abuses that are going on on E-bay right
now.  I am not against the 'theres a sucker born every day' kind of thought,
but I hate to see people getting _ripped off_ on sets that are available from
S@H right now.  (the postie on bike for $12 to start...s__t like that)..final
price is whatever the market will bear, but I can see them limiting against
people reselling in the polybags.

I realise that this is more of a marketplace enforcement, but we are a
relatively tight group of people here in general in the LEGO community.  If you
knew someone was getting screwed by someone else, I would hope you would speak
up.  (like Larry tried to do so many times on E-bay)

I am of a mixed feeling about the whole resale thing.  _I think_ it should be a
good thing for TLG in the long run.  TLG has traditonally looked more long term
than a fair number of companies, so that is in our favor.  Since we intend to
single source them, I expect they will make a profit on every piece that they
sell to us.  As long as they don't gorge us, we will be happy costomers
(gods, this is sounding more like a Billy Bragg song)

I posted to Larry a fair while ago about the chances of getting information out
of him about how well his 'sets' sell, since I intend to do something similer,
but with as he puts it "Eurotrash" cars :)  So to me this is a really
interesting debate on what the boundries of our relationship with TLG are.

James Powell