 Marketplace / Theory / 625
Re: Custom lego Kits group (was 4 axle custom Hopper)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 19:44:53 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, James Powell writes:
Todd,
(and everyone else too!)
I would think that they -might- put a stipulation on that you cannot
resell directly (Ie auction on E-bay for 3x the money).  I would agree
with a limit like that.  I also would agree if they said : no building
sets from parts -for resale-.   This then allows people either to:
[...]

Actually, I'll bet they actually couldn't put any restrictions on the parts.
Unless each part is individually marked with a unique serial number (like
paper money), there's no way to track what happens to the pieces after sale,
and therefore no way to enforce the restriction.  It would be extremely easy
to get around, for one thing, since you'd never know whether some parts sale
or custom set had obtained the parts from a bulk purchase or from breaking
down whole sets.

--Todd