 Marketplace / Theory / 611
Re: [FA] - eBay - Lego CUSTOM: - Unique 4 axle custom Hopper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 06:33:28 GMT

Dan wrote:
I do want to point
out for the record that I offered my own custom, unassembled, third-party model
kits before Larry

Cool! I stand corrected. Did you LDraw your instructions as well? Were
they listed on eBay or some other public venue?

Anyway, what matters is that the time for this activity has come, not
who did it first. I'm keen on discussing how best to do this.

My hopper has been redesigned (in ways not visible to the casual
observer) to decrease rare parts (1x10s are rarer than 1x4s and 1x2s for
example), but I want to get to one part count configuration and stay
there. I'll go crazy if I have to be in a mode of constantly revising
instructions and partslists based on what I ran off in a particular
batch.

The big thing that stands in my way vis a vis releasing a more diverse
collection of sets is the huge question mark around whether I can pull
together enough parts, reliably sourced, to support ongoing production.
This batch of 9 (which was planned to be 10, but I ran out of one kind
of part) was the biggest I've done yet.

As you no doubt saw, I have been scrambling for information on which
sets offer the best chance for economical parts sourcing.

That's in fact why I bought 20 shuttles. Expect to see some cars with
white technic beams in them appearing as commercially available models.