 Marketplace / Theory / 656
Re: [FA] - eBay - Lego CUSTOM: - Unique 4 axle custom Hopper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 12:00:52 GMT

Dan wrote:

The big thing that stands in my way vis a vis releasing a more diverse
collection of sets is the huge question mark around whether I can pull
together enough parts, reliably sourced, to support ongoing production.
This batch of 9 (which was planned to be 10, but I ran out of one kind
of part) was the biggest I've done yet.

OK then... watch for a posting in a few days of huge 4-8-8-4 locomotive I built
over the weekend.  I'm taking pictures of it tomorrow and hope to have them
posted to my site by tomorrow evening.

Cool. But when I said "biggest" I meant "largest production run". If
we're talking big models in the railroad rolling stock area rather than
large production runs, that's a different question. And if the
definition of size allows articulation, then I'd say that "biggest" is
nailed by one of the following, but I'm not sure which one

- James Mathis's TGV model
- PNLTC 5 unit articulated doublestack
- my 5 unit articulated doublestack

all of which are 150 studs long or longer.

But that's not what we're talking about.