 Marketplace / Theory / 636
Re: Custom lego Kits group
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 22:23:57 GMT

In lugnet.market.theory, Bryan Wong writes:
In lugnet.market.theory, Kevin Wilson writes:

<snip>
Another thing, I don't think anybody (or any group of people) has used
something you can buy from the store, modified it, and then re-sold it again!

<snip>

Bryan

Sadly I can't quote specific exact circumstances, but that kind of thing goes
on all the time.. I know GM Corvettes, and Ford Mustangs in particular have
been run through 'hop-up' shops in limited run numbers. Of course this is (I
believe) in cooperation with the original manufacturers - at least with the
'stangs. (the stuff you see while channel surfing on TV..)
There are also one or two computer resellers that put together really high end
gaming systems by acquiring all the appropriate hardware and tweaking here and
there (snapping the warranty into tiny pieces in the process) to create
ultra-fast hybrids. As I understand it anyway.
I myself buy the occasional R/C car body, paint it up real purty-like, and sell
it.
In all the above cases, none of the modified products are represented as
"factory stock". So why would lego be any different?
I think the general consensus that seems to be developing so far is pretty much
correct - if there's no misrepresentation involved there shouldn't be a
problem.
Then again that all depends on what is decided by They Who Must Be Obeyed at
TLG.

K.M.