 Local / Australia / Western Australia / Perth / *264 (-100)
  Re: 2008 Perth Hobby Train Show

(...) Here are a couple of links to video taken at the show... (URL) - Lego display starts at 2:15 in, till 3:10 (bridge side) (URL) - Lego display starts at 3:07 in, till 4:22 (city side) Cheers, Braith. (16 years ago, 15-Jun-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2008 Perth Hobby Train Show

(...) I'm not sure what the longest bridge was, maybe Rosco's harbour bridge at around 4m. We couldn't find any examples of a bigger one south o' the equator so we claimed us a record. (...) Cheers mate. Bigger and better next year. (16 years ago, 10-Jun-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2008 Perth Hobby Train Show

(...) It shows. I know how much time goes into the SLTC layout, and you have truely shown that a big commitment leads to a big result. Can you tell us what the longest span lego bridge is/was ? Im in the process of a 3m span for the SLTC. (...) That (...) (16 years ago, 10-Jun-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2008 Perth Hobby Train Show

(...) The ship and concert stage belong to Aaron Gibson while the rest is from the Tidman Brother's collection, mainly David I believe. The display was started last September and added to every weekend when we could. It was a full day to set-up, a (...) (16 years ago, 7-Jun-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2008 Perth ,Hobby Train Show

That's a big display, how many peoples collections when into it? And while I'm asking how long did it take to setup? The bridge was awesome (as was the ship), please give us more details. Number of peices, build time? But as much as I love Kylie the (...) (16 years ago, 6-Jun-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 2008 Perth ,Hobby Train Show

(...) (URL) Perth Model Railway Show 2008 - Most Popular Exhibit as voted by the public.> You can't do much better than that! Great work, Braith and co. Cross-posted to .trains, who I'm sure will be impressed! Spotlighted! Cheers Richie Dulin CO (...) (16 years ago, 5-Jun-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 2008 Perth ,Hobby Train Show

(...) Here's a link to a bunch of pics I took over the long weekend... (URL) (16 years ago, 5-Jun-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: 2008 Perth ,Hobby Train Show

(...) The bridge is a little over 6 metres long. It's now in pieces but we took plenty of photos and video of it. The crowds loved it and we had many retired engineers studying the construction closely. (...) Thanks Kerry, well I'm proud to say we (...) (16 years ago, 2-Jun-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: 2008 Perth ,Hobby Train Show

(...) Oooh, them's fighting words! I foresee a rash of even longer single span Lego bridges breaking out across the Southern Hemisphere :-) Seriously, how long is it? But, seriously, the layout sounds fabulous. We look forward to the happy snaps! (...) (16 years ago, 1-Jun-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  2008 Perth ,Hobby Train Show

Hi All, The 2008 Perth Hobby Train Show is on at the moment at Claremont Showgrounds, featuring a large town/train layout by the Perth Adult Lego Society. The show is running over the long weekend so come along, say hello, and check out our (...) (16 years ago, 1-Jun-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Plugs #1 2008

Is there any interest from anyone in having a meeting? Anyone able to suggest/provide a location? Anyone in contact with the Tidman Brothers about another possible build session? (I have some nice unique models to contribute to their layout myself) (16 years ago, 9-Jan-08, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Perth Lego Gathering #2 - October 14th

Hi Perth Lego People, Just a reminder that the Perth Lego Gathering is happening tomorrow! If you haven't dropped me an email to get the location details, do it now so we can see you there (in the city near the train station). Bring along your (...) (17 years ago, 13-Oct-07, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Perth Lego Gathering #2 - October 14th

Hi All, The second Perth Lego Gathering of the year is coming up on Sunday October the 14th, hosted by the Tidman's at their city location. Not only will you be able to see the Tidman Brothers' huge collection, you can also join in the building of (...) (17 years ago, 27-Sep-07, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Perth Lego Gathering Pics

(...) Nice work guys, some really nice stuff there (love the stadium, and the Mr Freeze add on to arkham Aaron A (17 years ago, 2-Mar-07, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Perth Lego Gathering Pics

Hi All, A small crew this time, all 4 of us, but some cool stuff on display nonetheless for the February Perth Lego Gathering. Pics can be seen here... (URL) to Aaron for lugging over his huge stadium, John for his slaves and shunter, and Jonathan (...) (17 years ago, 28-Feb-07, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.loc.au)

  Perth Lego Gathering Reminder - Feb 25th!

Hello Perthites, Just a quick reminder that the first Perth Lego Gathering for 2007 is on this weekend, Sunday February 25th from 1pm. Lots' to see and do! Show off your latest creations and bring along any parts or sets you want to trade as well. (...) (17 years ago, 21-Feb-07, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Perth Lego Gathering

(...) Hi Braith - looking forward to coming along - can you please email me your address. Thanks, Aaron (17 years ago, 10-Feb-07, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Perth Lego Gathering

(...) Hi Michael, check your inbox for my email. I look forward to seeing you and your creations soon. Braith. (17 years ago, 8-Feb-07, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Perth Lego Gathering

(...) Hi Braith will be there can you e-mail me your adress and do you need anything bought over apart from lego? Michael Dickinson. (17 years ago, 8-Feb-07, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Perth Lego Gathering

Hi to all Perth Lego Enthusiasts, Collectors, Builders, Hoarders, etc... I will be hosting the first Perth Lego Gathering for 2007 at my place from 1pm on February 25th. So get building folks! Put the finishing touches on your latest creations and (...) (17 years ago, 4-Feb-07, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: LEGO Creator Show

(...) Is anyone in WA interested in a meet-up for this show? Braith. (19 years ago, 9-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  LEGO bargain hunting

Hi All, Spotted any bargains recently? I recently bought the large Ferrari F1(8386) for $85 at K-mart, still saw a few on the clearance trolleys yesterday, and the blue "4WD" tow truck(8435) for $49.95, also from K-mart. The latter is quite a neat (...) (19 years ago, 31-May-05, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Next Perth Lego Meet-up

I am definatly interested as long as it doesnt conflict with other things I am doing. I think a first place to start is to build up a complete list of all WA local fans (including prefered contact details for them) so we know exactly who is out (...) (19 years ago, 15-Mar-05, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Next Perth Lego Meet-up

Hi All Perth AFOLs and Assorted LEGO Fans, Is there any interest in another Perth Lego Meet-up, appart from my own wild enthusiasm? The past meetings have been great fun, although lacking in numbers a bit. So, if you're keen, reply to this message (...) (19 years ago, 15-Mar-05, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  PLUGS #2 pics

Hi All, A small turn out but good fun nonetheless. PLUGS #2 was more of a parts scrounge at Kiddywink than a MOC display. I brought along the Holdens and some other creations I had ready, including the technic-fig round table and some roos. Jonathan (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: PLUGS #2, when does it finish?

(...) I'm not sure when we'll finish, give it a couple of hours ie- approx. 4pm Cheers, Braith. (20 years ago, 9-Dec-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Perth Lego Collectors' Meet-up This Sunday Dec 12th

Hi All, Just a reminder that the Perth AFOL and LEGO Collectors' meet-up (aka PLUGs#2) is happenning this Sunday the 12th, from 2pm at Kiddywink Toys, 12 Mumford Place Balcatta. The store is open exclusively for us! A number of people have expressed (...) (20 years ago, 6-Dec-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.events)

  Re: Canadian Lugnetter traveling in your region

(...) Not a problem. Just watch out for those sheep! :-) The Shepherd (20 years ago, 13-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Canadian Lugnetter traveling in your region

(...) Wink. (...) D'oh! Oh well, I'll use the excuse that someone sent me a link to your page, and I failed to research it thoroughly enough ;) credit updated, sorry Tom! ROSCO (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Canadian Lugnetter traveling in your region

(...) Cool, quite a unique spelling! Did Whateverly come from a "...whatever, Ley!" comment? ;) See you soon, Braith. (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Canadian Lugnetter traveling in your region

(...) Hi Braith, I just sent you an e-mail and forgot to answer your last question, but it occurred to me that others may share your curiosity. It is pronounced "Lee" and not "Lay" peace and pronunciation, Ley aka Professor Whateverly (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Canadian Lugnetter traveling in your region

(...) Hello Rosco, Actually, Perth is quite laid back, not unlike my home province, so it's okay. Of course, I may not know what I'm missing... Thanks about the sheep, but I can only take credit for (URL) overdoing the concept> and (URL) the baby (...) (20 years ago, 12-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: Canadian Lugnetter traveling in your region

(...) Hi Guys, Hmmmmm, as much as that comment hurts, it's somewhat accurate :( How I wish we had Sunday trading! The scenery is nice here though!! Anyway, if you haven't already received my email Ley, get in touch with me and we'll try and organise (...) (20 years ago, 9-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Canadian Lugnetter traveling in your region

(...) Hi Prof, It's a pity you're not gonna be visiting the fun side of the country ;) I could thank you in person for your sheep design that I pinched! (URL) (20 years ago, 7-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.loc.au)

  Canadian Lugnetter traveling in your region

Hello fellow AFOLs, You may know me as Professor Whateverly in .space and .castle. I happen to be in transit and will be in the Perth area for the next two weeks. My wife is presenting at a conference for a couple of days and then we'll be on a (...) (20 years ago, 7-Nov-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: PLUGS #2 Update

(...) No probs. (...) Me too. Expect to see my HZ ute and any other vehicles I have built. Cheers, Braith. (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: PLUGS #2 Update

Can someone make sure that a GOOD Digital Camera (braith, perhaps you can bring the one you used to photograph my police stuff before?) is present at this event to document the event? I want to have some pictures of this one (not like PLUGS #1 where (...) (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: PLUGS #2 Update

(...) Cool. I'll make up a notice to display at Kiddywink Toys, aimed at AFOLs, to get a bit more interest. Have a good one, Braith. (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: PLUGS #2 Update

(...) Count me in on this one! :) (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: PLUGS #2 Update

(...) that date and time works well for me and clever thinking by mark get some sales at the same time. michael. (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  PLUGS #2 Update

Hi, I have a possible venue and date for a Perth LEGO Collector gathering. After speaking with Marc at Kiddywink toys in Balcatta, he has kindly offered the use of his shop for a meet-up! Sunday December 12th, 2-3pm. I figured we could meet there, (...) (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: PLUGS #2

(...) I'm free all day on Sundays and Mondays. At this stage I guess it'll have to be at one of our houses, I'm in Maylands and am happy to host, unless someone else is willing to offer? I don't mind travelling. Braith. (20 years ago, 23-Oct-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: PLUGS #2

(...) Hi i would be interested in plugs 2 depending on where and when. michael. (20 years ago, 23-Oct-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: PLUGS #2

(...) As a sweetener, I have a few AFOL comics in my possession to give out to those that are keen to attend a Perth LEGO gathering. So any lurkers or previous posters - you know who you are - post a reply and hopefully we can see you soon! Cheers, (...) (20 years ago, 21-Oct-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: PLUGS #2

Most important is to figure out who is interested and when they can go. Finding a venue for such a small group seems easy enough :) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: PLUGS #2

(...) Always keen. I don't have too much built at the moment but maybe we can spark a little more interest in a Perth meet by having some sort of theme, maybe a few moonbase modules, Technic fig scale space ships or a ute fest??! - just a few of my (...) (20 years ago, 18-Oct-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  suggestion to get more exposure for the perth group

When I have been in the shop of Marc (kiddywink toys) in the past I have seen leaflets promoting a doctor who club. Mabie if we were to do up some leaflets for the Perth Lego Users Group, we could get marc to put some in his shop and hand them out (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Lets get a contact list together of all the perth people

(...) Braith Garden email: braithgarden@hotmail.com Location: Maylands (20 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Lets get a contact list together of all the perth people

Count me in! David Williams email: dmwill@swiftdsl.com.au MSN: david86_au@hotmail.com Location: Kingsley (NOR) (20 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Lets get a contact list together of all the perth people

I would like to suggest that we organize a list of everyone here who is from perth along with details of the best way to contact them (e.g. email, phone, whatever) so that its easier to get in touch with everyone to e.g. work out meetings and stuff. (...) (20 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Let's get organised!

(...) I have a 3.2 Megapixel Kodak to use. Check out Stage-2b of my Holden Ute for image quality if you wish... (URL) if you can get to Maylands Train station I can pick you up from there. Cheers, Braith Garden. (20 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Let's get organised!

BTW, if/when this meeting goes ahead, it would be good for someone with a decent Digital Camera to be there to document proceedings. (20 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Let's get organised!

Count me in (depending on options for transport to & from the venue) (20 years ago, 14-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Let's get organised!

G'day Perth Lego Fans! OK, we have a handful of people interested in a Perth Lego User Group so the next step should be an actual meeting! Let's see what it is we actually want from a Perth Group. I'm happy to host the guys who have already added (...) (20 years ago, 14-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: What has happened Perth!?

Address was spelt incorrectly... (URL) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: What has happened Perth!?

To get things started. I have looked into making a PLUG site, just a simple one with a forum, picture gallery and a few other odd things. I'll keep you posted on what happens. The site will most likely be at (URL) but I will see if there is any (...) (20 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: What has happened Perth!?

"Braith Garden" <braithgarden@hotmail.com> wrote in news:Ht3pCK.wM7@lugnet.com: (...) <delurk> I am possibly interested depending on date/time/location Terry Mason </delurk> (20 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: What has happened Perth!?

(...) x-post to .loc.au since I doubt any Melbourneons read .loc.au.wa.per :) (20 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: What has happened Perth!?

People Interested in participating in a Perth Lego User Group so far are: 1. David Williams 2. Braith Garden 3. Jonathan Wilson 4. Michael Dickinson OK, we're getting somewhere. I had a browse through some old posts and roll-calls to get a few more (...) (20 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: What has happened Perth!?

(...) participating (...) Yeah i'm up for anything that happens on a week-end i don't work. Also Melbourneons i am still coming in the end of april start of may and would love to check-out some of your creations. I can travel up to 1 1/2 hours any (...) (20 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: What has happened Perth!?

(...) 3. Jonathan Wilson 4. Micheal Dickinson (I assume he is interested) (20 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: What has happened Perth!?

(...) <snip> I agree, a meeting of minds would be a good start, see who's keen and what we should do. First off, a "show of hands" for those who would be interested in participating in a Perth Lego User Group: 1. David Williams 2. Braith Garden (...) (20 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.loc.au)

  What has happened Perth!?

I've just realised that the last post here was nearly 2 years ago! We seriously need to get something done here for us Perth Lego Fans. Sydney is organising a meet, why don't we all do the same. I know it takes a fair bit of work to organise a meet, (...) (20 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Can I be the curator of lugnet.loc.au.wa.per?

(...) Are you a LUGNET member? I don't see you listed.. and that's a requirement. -Suz (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.admin.curators)

  Can I be the curator of lugnet.loc.au.wa.per?

Can I? (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.admin.curators)

  PLUG

Hi All I will be in it .... Anyone else want to start a group in Perth ? (22 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  p.l.u.g. anybody ready yet

any body prpared to meet me during the week mainly thursdays in perth to get our lego group going give me a yell. (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  lego club w.a.

hi again guys i see we all talk often so how about getting together i sent a lot of you an e-mail about this week or so ago don't suppose any of you north of perth would be willing to donate a venue for or first meet?I would but you guys would have (...) (23 years ago, 25-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Anyone here?

Has there been any talk about another Lego Show coming to Perth in the near future? I remember when I was a kid there used to be one every year, about November, just before Christmas strangely enough. I used to go with my sister and Grandma, and she (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Anyone here?

G'day Adam, There wasn't much action in the WA section, mainly myself, Jonathon Wilson and Terry Mason - who has been very quiet, so we just migrated to loc.au group and joined the Eastern Staters in general discussions. It's great to see another (...) (23 years ago, 28-May-01, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Anyone here?

(...) Hmmm. Dunno about .wa.per, most talk seems to happen in .loc.au. There *is* a meeting in June 2001, but Melbourne may be a bit far to go.... ROSCO (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Anyone here?

Hi, I'm kinda new to this group, and was getting all excited about a Lego show in June, only to realise it was dated June 2000. And there haven't been any posts since August last year. So does anyone still read this board? --- Outgoing mail is (...) (23 years ago, 22-May-01, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  to all people from perth

TRU perth city has the falcon and UCS X but no UCS tie. They also have the pod bucket (I think), race and dinos. Also they have the action wheelers. Also big W belmont forum has the pod bucket, race, dinos and ALL of the action wheelers, including (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Roll Call - "Present"

Here I am another AFOL, My name is Carl Watson, I am 22, married with 2 kids and I am from..... ....ADELAIDE...... Amazing, I think that makes 2 in Adelaide. So hello to Jane McDermott my fellow Adelaidien. About my Lego: I collected lots of (...) (24 years ago, 25-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.act.can, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.new, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, lugnet.loc.au.nt.als, lugnet.loc.au.nt.dar, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bun, lugnet.loc.au.qld.cai, lugnet.loc.au.qld.goc, lugnet.loc.au.qld.mac, lugnet.loc.au.qld.mis, lugnet.loc.au.qld.roc, lugnet.loc.au.qld.too, lugnet.loc.au.qld.tow, lugnet.loc.au.sa.ade, lugnet.loc.au.tas.hob, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, lugnet.loc.au.wa.alb, lugnet.loc.au.wa.bun, lugnet.loc.au.wa.ger, lugnet.loc.au.wa.hed, lugnet.loc.au.wa.kal, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.general)

  Re: Ultimate Lego Book- building ideas

If you call being 2 foot tall realistic... tongue FIRMLY in cheek. Mike :-p "Timothy Jones" <timothyj10@juno.com> wrote in message news:FyM5HB.16n@lugnet.com... (...) man. (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Ultimate Lego Book- building ideas

(...) These are the same two that I built immediately after I saw them..:-) Selçuk (24 years ago, 6-Apr-00, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Ultimate Lego Book- building ideas

(...) Well, I used some ideas from the people made in it and created a 2-foot man. He has a red cap, glasses, a moustache, blue shirt, red pants, and black shoes. Quite realistic, actually. (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  (canceled)

  Re: Ultimate Lego Book- building ideas

(...) i built the skeleton in black (didnt have the right black peices) and i have an army of those cool snails on page 67 (also in black due to lack of dark crey peices) i also built a lobster in red (pg 64) by the way does anyone know how to make (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Ultimate Lego Book- building ideas

I recently purchased The Ultimate Lego Book and quickly set about building some of the models inside. One really cute item was the green wheelie bin (don't have the book in front of me, it's somewhere near the phone booths and US buildings) which I (...) (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.org.au, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: New SW set at Target...

(...) <snip> I picked up a SW bucket from World for Kids in Cannington for $39.95 (Those are Australian dollars too ;) on Saturday. They only had 2 on the shelf, one now! Braith. (24 years ago, 1-Aug-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Should we surrender?

surrender? Later, James (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.act.can, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.new, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, lugnet.loc.au.nt.als, lugnet.loc.au.nt.dar, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bun, lugnet.loc.au.qld.cai, lugnet.loc.au.qld.goc, lugnet.loc.au.qld.mac, lugnet.loc.au.qld.mis, lugnet.loc.au.qld.roc, lugnet.loc.au.qld.too, lugnet.loc.au.qld.tow, lugnet.loc.au.sa.ade, lugnet.loc.au.tas.hob, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, lugnet.loc.au.wa.alb, lugnet.loc.au.wa.bun, lugnet.loc.au.wa.ger, lugnet.loc.au.wa.hed, lugnet.loc.au.wa.kal, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.org.au)

  RE: Should we surrender?

'Tis a pity really..although it also keeps those italians honest, as they can't use this idea, either :) [and I believe they have more sub-groups, too.] Benjamin Whytcross BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au Ph: (03) 9856 5282 Directory Technology Pty Ltd (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.act.can, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.new, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, lugnet.loc.au.nt.als, lugnet.loc.au.nt.dar, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bun, lugnet.loc.au.qld.cai, lugnet.loc.au.qld.goc, lugnet.loc.au.qld.mac, lugnet.loc.au.qld.mis, lugnet.loc.au.qld.roc, lugnet.loc.au.qld.too, lugnet.loc.au.qld.tow, lugnet.loc.au.sa.ade, lugnet.loc.au.tas.hob, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, lugnet.loc.au.wa.alb, lugnet.loc.au.wa.bun, lugnet.loc.au.wa.ger, lugnet.loc.au.wa.hed, lugnet.loc.au.wa.kal, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.org.au)

  Re: Should we surrender?

(...) 2842 (web interface in local hierarchy). B*mmer. Deidre drb@tasmail.com (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.act.can, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.new, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, lugnet.loc.au.nt.als, lugnet.loc.au.nt.dar, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bun, lugnet.loc.au.qld.cai, lugnet.loc.au.qld.goc, lugnet.loc.au.qld.mac, lugnet.loc.au.qld.mis, lugnet.loc.au.qld.roc, lugnet.loc.au.qld.too, lugnet.loc.au.qld.tow, lugnet.loc.au.sa.ade, lugnet.loc.au.tas.hob, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, lugnet.loc.au.wa.alb, lugnet.loc.au.wa.bun, lugnet.loc.au.wa.ger, lugnet.loc.au.wa.hed, lugnet.loc.au.wa.kal, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.org.au)

  Re: Should we surrender?

(...) Not all, I'm still here, oh maybe that's it, have I scared everyone off? :) (...) Does that actually help or does only 1 count? ok, before this is was 2841. Deidre drb@tasmail.com (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.act.can, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.new, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, lugnet.loc.au.nt.als, lugnet.loc.au.nt.dar, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bun, lugnet.loc.au.qld.cai, lugnet.loc.au.qld.goc, lugnet.loc.au.qld.mac, lugnet.loc.au.qld.mis, lugnet.loc.au.qld.roc, lugnet.loc.au.qld.too, lugnet.loc.au.qld.tow, lugnet.loc.au.sa.ade, lugnet.loc.au.tas.hob, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, lugnet.loc.au.wa.alb, lugnet.loc.au.wa.bun, lugnet.loc.au.wa.ger, lugnet.loc.au.wa.hed, lugnet.loc.au.wa.kal, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.org.au)

  RE: Should we surrender?

The problem, as I see it is that all the lurkers who popped up for the roll-calls seem to have returned to lurking....Come on you guys, we need your help. [And if there's anyone else lurking out there, please let us know you're there.] And to help, (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.act.can, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.new, lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd, lugnet.loc.au.nt.als, lugnet.loc.au.nt.dar, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri, lugnet.loc.au.qld.bun, lugnet.loc.au.qld.cai, lugnet.loc.au.qld.goc, lugnet.loc.au.qld.mac, lugnet.loc.au.qld.mis, lugnet.loc.au.qld.roc, lugnet.loc.au.qld.too, lugnet.loc.au.qld.tow, lugnet.loc.au.sa.ade, lugnet.loc.au.tas.hob, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, lugnet.loc.au.wa.alb, lugnet.loc.au.wa.bun, lugnet.loc.au.wa.ger, lugnet.loc.au.wa.hed, lugnet.loc.au.wa.kal, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, lugnet.org.au)

  Re: Perth Myer Lego Show - Tidman Bros sighting

(...) I had a good chat to David Tidman at a model railway exhibition. They had a large train setup with a huge Sydney Harbour type bridge. They know about Lugnet, but I think John Tidman is the only one on the net. Terry pretty much covered the (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Perth Myer Lego Show - Tidman Bros sighting

In lugnet.loc.au, Terry Mason writes: snipped review of Myer show... (...) Do any WA AFOL's talk to these guys at all ? pete.w <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au> (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: The lowdown on Lego Shows

Hi all, Dont bust a gut to get there. Had probably 20 seperate displays featuring islanders, pirates, starwars. First night had a very large turnout. Was abviously aimed at the cosumers and not the collector (duh!) Didn't get a chance to speak to (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-98, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Calling all perth residents

One thing to add to this. One of the stores (myer I think) had the model team red dragster, in case anyone is looking for that. (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Calling all perth residents

Still, if you want the wild west indian camp set, the soccer sets or the UFO set then it is a good place to go. I wasnt there for lego, I went to buy some jeans. (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Calling all perth residents

(...) Hi Jonathan, I did the exact trek last week! - and was just as disappointed. I did however take a trip out to Toyworld Canning Vale where they have good stocks of the soccer sets -3409 for $54.95 (got mine!). Their Lego range is not bad (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Technic Speed Computer Available From LA

(...) Ok, I've got the flyer here. It says... "Item #5206 LEGO Technic Speed Computer Measures the speed and distance of your LEGO Technic vehicles. Also includes a stopwatch function. AUD$34.95 including postage & handling available through LEGO (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Lego Show!!!

(...) I'm not a World Club Member but would love to go to the preview. Will each person have to prove membership or can a group with one member go? Perhaps we can meet up outside Myer tonight and find out. Braith. (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  The lowdown on Lego Shows

(...) OK I've just talked to LA and the lowdown is this... It's not their ball. It's up to particular places to organse/request/make room for. Currently the only other place it's going to is Pacific Fair Gold Coast sometime in Sept-Oct Followed (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  RE: Lego Show!!!

Nope..Don't think I'll be able to make it ;-) Any chance you'd be able to find out if/when it will be in the eastern states [Vic, Tas, NSW, QLD]? [Also, and info about sets they're selling would be appreciated [I remember that when they used to have (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Re: Lego Show!!!

There is a special closed door preview tonight for all Lego World Club members. Anybody else going Terry Mason "David Williams" <dwilliams@perthmail.com> wrote in message news:FwIBHr.K5K@lugnet.com... (...) 23rd (...) the UK. (...) 18th (...) (24 years ago, 22-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Lego Show!!!

It's Finally here.... The Lego World Show!!! The Lego World Show will beKicking off at The Myer City store between the 23rd of June to the 16th of July on the second floor direct from LEGOLAND in the UK. This is the first time it's comming to (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  Technic Speed Computer Available From LA

Hi All, I recieved some replacement parts from Lego Australia Yesterday, only 1 week from placing the call - good work Barbera Bell! Anyway, In the Jiffy bag was a flyer for the Technic Speed Computer. $34.95 including postage and handling if you (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

  A new Millennium

(...) BigW Macquaire (Sydney) has them $25ish IIRC. If you want I can post one over to you. James (it's one of the few sets they do have) (24 years ago, 16-Jun-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact