 Local / Australia / 1547
Re: Calling all perth residents
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 08:24:52 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Jonathan Wilson writes:
I was just at carousell shoping centre and I saw the folowing (I didnt
get prices, sorry)

world 4 kids had nothing spectacular although they did have all of the 8
origonal slizers and the 3 new ones, and all 8 roboriders. They also had
3 of the large ufo sets with the fiber optics, if anyone is looking for
those.
Nothing much else interesting. They were pushing the slizers and
roboriders for $13.95 (something like that anyway)

kmart had nothing that was work mentioning, dont make a trip to that end
of the centre just to look there for lego. They did, however have that
technic 3 set value pack that is everywhere these days. The difference
is that one particular pack had 2 of one set instead of 2 different
sets. Methinks that there was a mistake at the packing plant.

myer didnt have anything much, except for some sets numbered 3401-3410
that had some of those minifig soccer balls that were used for the world
cup promos :) (for the technicly challenged, yes they are the soccer
sets, they are being sold at the cheap price...) They had some (2?) of
the indian camp sets with the teepees, not sure of the #. They were the
ones with the large 32 x 32 river baseplate.

target was totally usless, unless you want a 1999 catalog, because they
had a few. I also think I see where the charging 50 cents for the
catalog comes from, the 1999 catalog has a RRP of 50 cents on it so
people are assuming that the 2000 catalog is 50 cents also.

harris scarfe was pretty enpty, except for some 4 set value packs that
had a small town helicopter, a space (ufo or insectids), a small
paridisa (with a cat piece, a frypan and a pizza) and something else,
mabie fright knights?

Several stores had the various value packs with 3 sets in them, there
were a few insectoids and cyberslam sets, that sort of stuff. I didnt
see any mindstorms or large technic, except the 8444 air enforcer
helicopter.
I also saw copies (in at least 2 different places) of the 6110
hydronauts small sub and numerous other small sets, like small WW sets
and such like.

I hope that someone finds this information usefull, especially the part
about the soccer sets. If myer carousell has them then your local myer
might, if it has a toy department...

Hi Jonathan,

I did the exact trek last week! - and was just as disappointed.
I did however take a trip out to Toyworld Canning Vale where they have good
stocks of the soccer sets -3409 for $54.95 (got mine!).  Their Lego range is
not bad overall, with a couple of specials - 6110 for $3.00, 6718 Western for
$10.00.

Toyworld Subiaco and TRU seem to stock most of the Robotics stuff.

Braith.