 Local / Australia / Western Australia / Perth / 196
Re: Anyone here?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.wa.per
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 05:04:25 GMT

Has there been any talk about another Lego Show coming to Perth in the near
future?

I remember when I was a kid there used to be one every year, about November,
just before Christmas strangely enough. I used to go with my sister and
Grandma, and she didn't hear the end of it until after Christmas when I had
that Space cruiser and moon base (928) in my grubby little hands.
Unfortunately, playing with it in front of a heater about 6 months later,
melted one of the main 6x10 plates and I haven't been able to rebuild it
until recently. Memmm-oreees. Anyway...

I'm in Perth (Carlisle to be exact). I've a medium to large collection of
classic space - most of it I got when I was a kid. My parents had hold of it
until recently, until I started collecting again, but when I got it back to
my dismay, I found they'd chucked all of the boxes, and more than one set of
instructions (and catalogs and tour brochures), to make way for storage
space. Heathens. It was only when surfing through BrickShelf.com that I
remembered that I even owned three or four more sets. Sound familiar to
anyone?

I'll look forward to hearing from you and comparing the size of our Lego
collections. ;)

'Adam

"Braith Garden" <braith@mech.uwa.edu.au> wrote in message
G'day Adam,

There wasn't much action in the WA section, mainly myself, Jonathon Wilson
and Terry Mason - who has been very quiet, so we just migrated to loc.au
group and joined the Eastern Staters in general discussions.  It's great • to
see another West Australian here!

The June Lego show was a bit of a let down, but the discounted sets at the
end made it worthwhile!
So where in this great state do you call home?  I'm down Rockingham way • but
make it to the city at least twice a week to study.<groan>

I'm in the process of getting another email address so once I get off my
butt and do it, I'll drop you a line so we can exchange contact details.
It's always fun meeting up with fellow Lego fans.

Cheers,
Braith.

In lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, Adam Wood writes:
Hi,

I'm kinda new to this group, and was getting all excited about a Lego • show
in June, only to realise it was dated June 2000. And there haven't been • any
posts since August last year.

So does anyone still read this board?

---

---