 Local / Australia / 1603
Re: Perth Myer Lego Show - Tidman Bros sighting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.wa.per
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 03:13:41 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Terry Mason writes:
snipped review of Myer show...

The Tidman brothers were there added more to their already vast collection.
:)

Do any WA AFOL's talk to these guys at all ?

pete.w <aquanaut@optusnet.com.au>

I had a good chat to David Tidman at a model railway exhibition.
They had a large train setup with a huge Sydney Harbour type bridge.

They know about Lugnet, but I think John Tidman is the only one on the net.

Terry pretty much covered the show, although the most impressive display IMO
was a treasure cave.  Lots of great looking vases, jewellry, and the like
mostly made from Yellow and transparent elements.  It almost shimmered :)
I got some neat ideas for Xmas decorations!
The Islander displays were also interactive.  They had a grey statue
face in front of them made of Lego with buttons for eyes that activated things
in the display with accompanying sound effects.
Piece counts and time taken to build each display are also shown.

Overall, I was a little diappointed but still think it's worth a look.

The had quite a few Supercar 2's in the store, and at 20% off if you haven't
got one, get one now Perthites!

It was also great to finally meet Terry and his kids as well.  I nearly lost
hope in him turning up but he made it!

Seeya,
Braith.