 Local / Australia / Western Australia / Perth / 170
169  |  171
Subject:
The lowdown on Lego Shows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.wa.per
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 02:22:10 GMT

Any chance you'd be able to find out if/when it will be in the eastern
states [Vic, Tas, NSW, QLD]? [Also, and info about sets they're selling
would be appreciated [I remember that when they used to have world shows in
Myers, Melbourne you could buy all sorts of 'old' sets in the shop at the
end of the pathway.]]

OK I've just talked to LA and the lowdown is this... It's not their ball.
It's up to particular places to organse/request/make room for. Currently the
only other place it's going to is

Pacific Fair Gold Coast sometime in Sept-Oct

Followed by(possibly)Melbourne (Myer?) but this has NOT be confirmed from the
Melbourne end.

The last one in Sydney was in the Centrepoint, apparently it's one of the few
places that has room. But currently there's been no interest for here.

I did ask how much it cost but the lady said "I couldn't go into that"

The Lego World Show will be kicking off at The Myer City
store between the 23rd of June to the 16th of July on the second floor
direct from LEGOLAND in the UK.
This is the first time it's comming to Australia for the
first time in 20 years.

James (who's off to save money for a Gold Coast ticket...)