 Local / Australia / 1453
Re: What do other parents do with Lego guns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:02:24 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, folks write stuff on their avoidance of guns as a worthy
element of raising children, and ask "What do other parents do with Lego • guns?"

I'm a bit unreconstructed I'm afraid.

I let the Lego men (and sometimes the Lego ladies) have the Lego guns.  For
the most part the Lego men just troop about carrying the Lego guns, yelling
things like "lef' rie', lef' rie'", looking resplendant in their uniforms, and
otherwise nonchalant and sturdy.  Some of the more scurrilous of the Lego men,
skulk about carrying their Lego guns secretively, and try very hard to be
menacing (which, let's face it, is quite a reach for a gormless smiley).
Obviously from time to time the Lego men shoot at each other, midst much
yelling of "bang!" and "ouch!".

My two sons tend to follow my example. They let their Lego men have the Lego
guns also.

Mind you, if the Lego men are not carrying Lego guns, they're just as like to
be picking up the Lego spears, axes, halbeards, bows, pitchforks, or 1x4
plates, and doing pretty much the same thing, really.  Except the shooting
each other thing obviously.  Its more of a broader piercing, chopping,
clubbing, stabbing or plain old hitting over the head, in addition to the
shooting each other.

And then there's the Lego cannons ;-)

Oh, <<takes deep breath>> and the Attack Rowboats, Fast Attack Vehicles,
Battletraks, HoverTanks, AATs, Self mobile VSGs, Frigates, Men'o'war, Pirate
ships, X-Wings, Y-Wings, A Wings, B Wings, <<turns a bit blue for lack of
oxygen>> N1s, Fortresses, TIE fighters, Flash Speeders, Speeder bikes, Millen
<<pant>>..., Mill <<pant, thump>>

<<This post ends. Richard has turned entirely blue and fallen off his chair>>

Richard!!! <slap slap> Stay with us, man!!! <slap slap> Quick, someone insert
a central line and hook it up to the Bundy!!! <slap slap>

<slap slap>

Pete Callaway