 Off-Topic / Debate / 5901
Re: What do other parents do with Lego guns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 24 Jun 2000 15:59:59 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Frank Filz writes:

I think it
is especially important to examine our history and ask where we would be if we
choose to be passive and not use guns.

I think we'd be in a very crowded England.  Military might was the enabler of
colonialism.  And maybe the world would have been a mroe fair place, but it
would be very different.

poll item: how many of you
feel it is ok to expose children to one, but not both of, weapons and the
female form?

Not I.  Exposure to both is OK.

(and yes, I am in favor of depicting the female form on
mini-figs,

Me too!  The more variety, the better.  I'm one of those who'd like to see
multi-ethnic minifigs too.  Not out of some sense of global political
correcness, just for the awsome variety that it would lend.  And those of you
who just want yellow smileys could still have them...so we'd all be happy.

though perhaps the Islander female is a bit distastefull).

How so?  I like her.

I think it's important to teach children about reality. I think this may be a
far more effective way to combat the issues of violence and sexuality in our
media than trying to sweep the whole deal under the rug.

Absolutely.

Chris