 Local / Australia / 1443
Re: What do other parents do with Lego guns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 02:30:01 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:
So what do other parents do with Lego guns or is it not an issue?

   My 8 year old son, who's been playing with LEGO toys since he was 4, knows
that guns are not toys and he rarely plays with them, so it's not an issue.
We also enforce safety rules about any plaything that launches projectiles not
being toward a person.  This includes everything from the cyber slam cannons
to paper airplanes.

   The most actual "violent" play with LEGO sets has been with the cyber slam
stuff, and that's because it's designed for competitive play.

   It depends on how well each indivudual child separates play from reality.
I don't mind when he makes swords, howitzers, or space vehicles with weapons.
Nor, for example, it didn't phase me when my son came up with the idea of the
"blood bath" I used in my haunted house.  Your mileage may vary.

Brian