 Local / Australia / 1464
Re: What do other parents do with Lego guns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 05:32:28 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Peter Callaway writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Christopher Masi writes:
<snip on interesting analogy on LEGO and weapons>
I did a quick check, and, apparently, LEGO doesn't think kids under 6 should
play with guns either (Oops, I just noticed that set 5918, which is a 5-12
adventures set, has a rifle in it) because I could only find one set with an
age limit lower than six with a gun in it (obviously, I did not do an
exhaustive search).

Interesting research. I wonder if TLC has an official stand on this issue.

But playing with toy guns is not the real issue, is it? The real issue it
that real guns are not toys. There are many many children that play with toy
guns and don't shoot people on purpose or by accident.

True. However I think there are several issues here. Just remember IANACP [1].

But I am a twit for not explaining my acronym...

IANACP = I am not a child psychologist

Pete Callaway