 Local / Australia / 1440
Re: What do other parents do with Lego guns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 02:17:05 GMT

I have a nephew that plays with me, and his mother insists that no guns are
allowed in our play. I remove all Lego guns, but it amazes me, because
everything he builds has some sort of weapon. (When you are 4 or 5, anything
that you put your hands on becomes a toy gun.)

While he does want to play with TOY guns, he knows that real guns are not to be
massed with. I have taught him that should he, for any reason, come across a
real gun, he is not to touch it, nor is he to let his friends touch it. If you
take something away, a small boy is more inclined to want to do it. (I'm 27,
and I have the same impulses :) )

For me, toy guns are not an issue, be they Lego or otherwise. I have taught him
the right thing to do if he comes across a real gun, (the only kind that can
kill, as far as I know), and I simply have to trust that he will listen to what
I have taught him.