 Local / Australia / 1454
Re: What do other parents do with Lego guns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 04:30:18 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Deidre Rushton Brumby writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
Probably a stupid question...What happens to the minifigs with the guns
printed on their torso's? [eg adventurers]...Do the kids get them?

Not a stupid question.  We have one of these, an adventurer fellow with
one tucked in his belt.  After some discussion with my husband I've left
this in the accessible part of the Lego collection.
<snip>

Hehe, of course you can always remove the gun from the torso <blasphemy!!> as
I did here:

(but of course, that invloves using a different weapon... the Xacto knife. And
as someone who was stabbed with one, believe me, those can be dangerous too.)

-Shiri

Egads!!! I hope it was an accident!!

Since I'm right handed and have been building models of all sorts since I was
about 6, my left hand bears, at last count, 14 scars of various sizes from
self-inflicted wounds. This includes my pride and joy, an inch and a half scar
on my index finger where I accidentally tried to remove it when I was 11.

My hand-eye coordination is infinitely better now (thank goodness), but I too
can attest to how nasty these things can be. My hobby tools are always locked
away when not in use.

Pete Callaway