 General / 7879
Re: Who here in Legoland has a Cable modem?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 1999 13:22:11 GMT

Op een zekere dag, te weten Fri, 17 Sep 1999 22:54:41 GMT, klom "Doyle"
<doylenelson@home.com> in het toetsenbord en schreef ons:

Hello,

I just wanted to know who here sprung and bought a cable modem. I am asking
Because I am trying to make my webpage friendly for web users.  I don't want
people waiting 5 years to download, just because they have a 56k. :-)

Doyle

I belong to one of the first 3000 People in Austria to had a cablemodem
since almost two years. Meanwhile there are about 20000 here in Vienna.
We pay ATS590 (~$50) per month for it, with 'fair use' download (appearently
~1Gb a month).
It's much better than phone (sometimes named 'dialuploser' in flamewars 8-),
since even local phonecalls (online-rates) are about $1 each hour in the
evening, so staying on-line a lot can cost easily $200 a month......  8-(

Ardjan

-----
Ardjan's YALP (Yet Another Lego Page) at
http://unet.univie.ac.at/~a8705125/ardjan