 General / 7867
Re: Who here in Legoland has a Cable modem?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 17:37:26 GMT

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote:
I've worked with literally hundreds of brand new (as in I took them
out of the box) systems over the last year.  With the exception of a
few Compaq pieces of junk, I've never seen one that ran 640x480x16
color out of the box.

That's good to hear -- I'm glad computer manufacturers are getting over
that. I haven't been following PCs for the last year or so, but before that,
it was utterly common practice for machines to ship running in default VGA
mode.