 General / 7866
Re: Hurricane Floyd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 18:29:33 GMT

Chris Giddens wrote:

In lugnet.general, Gary R. Istok writes:

Mike Walsh wrote:

Don Forth wrote in message ...

Frank Filz wrote in message <37DFF37F.2847@mindspring.com>...
Well, looks like I could be in for a blow here (Raleigh NC)... If things
hit hard I could be off line for a while so if you need to contact me
and don't get an immediate response, don't panic.

--
Frank Filz

-----------------------------
Hey guys,
We came out ok in Roxboro.  Just some limbs down and some loss of power (not
much).  Hope everyone else in NC is ok.

Well, here in NJ we got water, water everywhere, and not a drop to drink!  Most
of Route 18, the major highway between New Brunswick and U.S. Rte 1, was covered
by 4-5 feet of water.  The Raritan crested at nearly 15 feet above flood stage,
and my girlfriend and I (sadly, a NLSO) went out in the sun and breeze with blue
skies to stand on the overpass and look at the river/Lake New Brunswick.

Thank God I live in *Highland* Park, eh?  :)  No moist LEGO here--although we did
have a sewer backup last month that doused the plastic bins I keep 'em in.
Ewwww.

LFB