 General / 7896
Re: Hurricane Floyd
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 14:20:32 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote:
Well, here in NJ we got water, water everywhere, and not a drop to drink!  Most
of Route 18, the major highway between New Brunswick and U.S. Rte 1, was covered
by 4-5 feet of water.  The Raritan crested at nearly 15 feet above flood stage,
and my girlfriend and I (sadly, a NLSO) went out in the sun and breeze with blue
skies to stand on the overpass and look at the river/Lake New Brunswick.

From the sounds of it, eastern North Carolina is devastated. We may have
more opportunities to donate LEGO to needy causes. It will probably be a
week or longer before we get a full telling of the situation in eastern
NC (many areas are still only accessible by boat or helicopter).

It also sounds like portions of New Jersey are in the same boat.

--
Frank Filz

Work: mailto:ffilz@us.ibm.com (buisiness only please)
Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com