 General / 7843
Re: Who here in Legoland has a Cable modem?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 03:26:48 GMT

I have a 14 inch and 15 inch monitor and I see no reason why you can't
design a page to at least 1024 by 768.  I have no problem seeing pages
on either monitor. I can even put the 14incher into 1600x1200 with no
problems.. of course it is a .25dpi monitor..   The only reason I can
see this being a problem is for older people, my mom's system we have to
keep in 800 by 600 so she can see it... though... how many bifocal'd
lego addicts do we really have? and if that's the case.. get yourself
some single bifocal strength glasses and use those for the screen!
that's what we did for my mom. Works great for her!

John Matthews wrote:

I have one and it is cool.

However, you might want to always consider those folks with slower
connections and smaller monitors.  Designing a website for anything other
than 640 x 480 resolution can be downright frustrating for some users.

Build On!

John Matthews

Doyle <doylenelson@home.com> wrote in message news:FI87n5.3FM@lugnet.com...
Hello,

I just wanted to know who here sprung and bought a cable modem. I am • asking
Because I am trying to make my webpage friendly for web users.  I don't • want
people waiting 5 years to download, just because they have a 56k. :-)

Doyle

--
Keep on Bricken'
-Tamy