 General / 7912
Re: Who here in Legoland has a Cable modem?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 23:44:15 GMT

On Mon, 20 Sep 1999 23:26:56 GMT, Gary Williams <graywolf@pcpros.net> wrote:
Not a bad card, but what monitor are you using?

It's a two-year-old Dell model from a previous PC.  The only thing I don't
like about it is the stupid interface for adjusting its settings (there's
three buttons and one dial to do everything--it's incredibly cumbersome).

As soon as good 22" flat panel displays fall under $1000, I'm getting one.
Not holding my breath though.

Ah.  I've got a Gateway-branded Mitsubishi 21" "vivitron" at work -
really nice.  I have an Optiquest v95 at home - also pretty good.
I've been giving up some real estate in favor of going easy on my
eyes, though - I only run them both at 1280x1024.  Although there
are times when it seems like I'm really wasting the 21" to not run
it at least at 1600x1200.

And yeah, you'd be holding your breath for a _long_ time before
those large flat panels drop into the sub-$1,000 range.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/