 General / 7845
Re: Who here in Legoland has a Cable modem?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 03:50:57 GMT

Mookie <Mookie1@worldnet.att.net> writes:
I have a 14 inch and 15 inch monitor and I see no reason why you can't
design a page to at least 1024 by 768.

There are some older computers/operating systems where it's difficult if
not impossible to change the resolution.  In my school, for example, they
had some old Macs with less than 640x480 up until last year.  Also, for a
page to print on most/all printers, the content shouldn't exceed  515-550
pixels.  That said, I must admit that I (almost) always browse the web at
1024x768...which is why I really dislike pages where the text isn't
contained by a table of some sort.  Reading all the way across the screen
is a pain...so, advice for beginners: keep the number of words per line
around 15 (which changes with font size, of course :\ ).  I'll stop
rambling now.
--Bram