 General / 7860
Re: Who here in Legoland has a Cable modem?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 16:15:25 GMT

On Sat, 18 Sep 1999 02:30:10 GMT, "John Matthews"
<jmatthew@columbus.rr.com> wrote:

I have one and it is cool.

However, you might want to always consider those folks with slower
connections and smaller monitors.  Designing a website for anything other
than 640 x 480 resolution can be downright frustrating for some users.

Now that's an issue I'm not too concerned about.  5 years ago I
could've accepted most people being stuck at 640x480.

Now, though, with the price of 17" monitors having dropped through the
floor and even the cheapest of new systems being able to drive them at
higher than 1024x768, I'm usually not too concerned with the 640x480
res.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/