 General / 7859
Re: Who here in Legoland has a Cable modem?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 16:12:52 GMT

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999 22:54:41 GMT, "Doyle" <doylenelson@home.com>
wrote:

Hello,

I just wanted to know who here sprung and bought a cable modem. I am asking
Because I am trying to make my webpage friendly for web users.  I don't want
people waiting 5 years to download, just because they have a 56k. :-)

Well, if you truly want to make your pages friendly for the VAST
majority of users who have modem connections, the number of people
with cable or ADSL or even ISDN shouldn't matter.

No cable modem access available in Knoxville right now, although they
promise it by year's end.  Very limited ADSL availability, and imo
prohibitively expensive.

I have ISDN, which is bearable for the most part, especially since my
connection, router, and subnet are all free.  Maybe if cable access
comes in at less than $50/mo I might consider it.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/