 General / 7873
Re: Who here in Legoland has a Cable modem?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 21:14:09 GMT

On Sat, 18 Sep 1999 17:19:56 GMT, mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller) wrote:

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote:
I have ISDN, which is bearable for the most part, especially since my
connection, router, and subnet are all free.  Maybe if cable access
comes in at less than $50/mo I might consider it.

FYI, it's $40/month here, +$10 for the modem, -$10 if you subscribe to cable
TV too. (We don't.)

Here in the Lehigh Valley, I pay $35 a month for my cable modem, nothing
extra for the modem.  This is through RCN, who now owns Erol's, so I can
also connect with a modem from my laptop in a VERY large geographic area.

Rob

|  Rob Farver - rfarver@rcn.com             |
http://www.farver.com/lego/              |
http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/rfarver  |