 General / 7057
Re: Train doors and windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 21:24:25 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:
I feel all discussions concerning this deal should remain in the public
arena.

Why do you feel that way? What business of yours (as a non participant)
is it, really? (Note well that I would welcome your participation)

Well, outside of the specifics of the private contract between the
consortium members, I think this whole topic is of a potentially HUGE
interest to just about everyone who reads here.

Unless I throw my $500 in I don't care what you pay per piece, what
you auction them for, or anything else that has to do with the
consortium.

As someone who would very much like to order OTHER parts in bulk,
though, I don't see how anyone could not think that a lot of people
would want to discuss this.

You say in a previous message:

- This is a legitimate thing. Someone within TLG has received
authority to do this.
- It's a one time thing. This will happen once and once only

So TLG has okay'ed this.  TLG wouldn't agree to do it unless it saw
bucks in the deal for them.

It's a one time thing?  Why is that?  $10k is a relatively small
amount of money, especially to TLG, so if they'd be willing to do it
for that kind of money, I bet they'd be willing to do it again, and
certainly for more, don't you?  If so, wouldn't it be of interest, and
possibly of use, to other people, maybe ALL of us, to know more about
this?

Or maybe I'm missing some of the details.  I think *that's* what Mark
and some other people would like to discuss.  If you're not willing to
share them, nobody can make you, but even if that's the case you can
certainly appreciate that a great many AFOLs would be very interested
in discussing something like this.

--
The parts you want without a bunch of crap?
Run your own LEGO auctions for free! (still in Beta)