 Trains / 2056
Re: Train doors and windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sun, 29 Aug 1999 21:47:19 GMT

It would appear that as normal my ISP is isn't getting all the threads about this
thing, and I'm therefore getting the wrong impression. I wish to apologize for
sounding ungrateful to people like Larry who's actions I have misinterpreted due to
not having all the facts.

Sorry

Mark H.

Patricia Schempp wrote:

Mark Harrison wrote:

Am I the only one that thinks this deal is getting a little slimy?

Mark H.

I think your repeated mean spirited posts are what is slimy here.  Why not let the
blood pressure drop for awhile?  This is the first *possibility* of an order from
TLG so why do you want to push it?  Please just wait and see how and if it goes
for the sake of the whole LEGO community.  Be happy for your brother, then learn
from his experience.

Why are you so hung up on money? Your comments seem to show a bitter man with
dollars signs in front of his eyes....

"This consortium, is it a group of like minded cashed up profiteering middle
men..."?

"the members are trying to subsidise their own parts purchases by buying up excess
part run stock and flogging/auctioning it to the rest of us at what they hope is a
handsome profit."

"You get your money back if the deal falls thru or you get the parts from lego,
where's the risk?"

"Your not doing anyone a favour by putting a $500 minimum on a purchase."

And then maybe you just hate people from the U.S. with money since you felt the
need to make this comment, which didn't endear your attitude to me at all.

   "As I've been away all last week, I missed this thread. I can't say I much like

   the sound of it. Sending Lego NZ's spare parts stock to the US isn't much
   better than dumping it. I thought you would be wanting to keep it in the
   southern hemisphere rather than have it swallowed up by a number of rich yanks
   who will find it hard to part with any of it."

I'm sorry if some cashed up, profiteering, rich yank middle man flogged you at
auction.  That's not what the consortium is about however, whether you believe it
or not.  I don't know the root of your bitterness, but I don't think its healthy
for what the LUGNET community is trying to do.

Patricia Schempp