 Trains / 2060
Re: Train doors and windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 00:05:34 GMT

Mark Harrison <harro1@one.net.au> wrote:
This consortium that others are getting together is only a risk because the
members are trying to subsidise their own parts purchases by buying up excess
part run stock and flogging/auctioning it to the rest of us at what they hope is
a handsome profit.

That's extremely offensive.

YOU auction things to make money.

You could just as easily describe what I do (buy lots of copies of
sets on clearance, keep what I want out of them, then auction the
rest) as "flogging" the rest of you for a handsome profit.  Doesn't
seem to keep you from bidding in my auctions, or running some of your
own.

Sounds like the pot calling the kettle black, to me.

I for one am very proud of what I do, and am equally proud of others.
I can think of a lot of bidders in my auctions who whould have never
gotten 20, 50, or 100 or more of a certain part they wanted because
they wouldn't have been able to spend $500 to buy enough copies of one
set to get it.

Who are you to judge the people in this consortium, considering you've
done just about the same thing?

--
The parts you want without a bunch of crap?
Run your own LEGO auctions for free! (still in Beta)