 Trains / 2032
Re: Train doors and windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 14:40:01 GMT

OK, it's time for another update. I am copying Christer, who is
weekending in Germany, as well as several LUGNET(tm) groups.

The following facts may be of interest

- A consortium is forming to create the largest order we can.

- I am the lead partner in the consortium

- participation entails risk

- the train parts listed below (8183 is a typo, it's 4183), will likely
be the only things ordered. Possibly one or two additional parts but not
a lot.

- The deal will be structured to ensure completion risk is NOT on the
consortium or it won't happen.

- Consortium members will be able to buy parts up to the amount of their
pledged risk capital plus estimated profit at a fixed markup (30%). This
markup applies to all members including me.

- Remaining parts will be then available to consortium members at the
same markup.

- Remaining parts, if any,  will then be auctioned off to the general
public. The parts may end up selling for more, or less, than the fixed
markup price, or not all parts may sell.

- bursting to fulfill consortium members and auction participants will
be done at the conclusion of the auction, at a single location, by a
consortium member, for a share of the profit or a fee. The share is
under negotiation and I will select the burster based on lowest bid for
the work and my estimation of ability to complete the work.

- at the termination each consortium member will have been reimbursed
(in cash or parts) in exact proportion to the capital risked net of
profit/loss. That is, if there is a loss, they will bear a proportional
share of the loss. If there is a profit, they will gain a proportional
share of the profit.

- we do not know pricing yet. No one will have to finally commit until
pricing is known, although the exact order will be driven by capital
available. I will seek input as to quantities and proportions but wil
make the final call.

- As lead partner I will decide who is in and who is not. Input welcome
but it's my decision. (no one else has stepped up to say they want to be
lead partner)

- Your pledge now is a commitment, once pricing is known and consensus
is reached that it is acceptable, of risk capital. You can increase your
capital, but not decrease it, until the order is placed. You will have a
limited time to get me the capital once you are requested to do so.
Possibly as short as 3 days. If that's an issue, don't pledge more than
you can easily raise in that time.

- Your pledge now gets you the right, but not the obligation, to buy
parts at the consortium markup up to the amount of your pledge plus
projected profit. (if you buy exactly that many the profit exactly
cancels out the markup if none remain to go to auction)

- A minimum pledge of 500 is required with some very very limited
exceptions for good cause, of which I am the judge. There is no appeal.
This is due to the additional cost to me of each member (more email,
more accounting to manage).

- you may combine with someone else, and pick a single contact
point/spokesman, to achieve the minimum participation. I will not be
involved in matchmaking.

- VERY IMPORTANT - NOTHING may come of this. Who can say. But we are
planning. If nothing does, you're out a couple of stamps for me to mail
your uncashed checks back to you, or the use of your money, should we
get very close but not achieve delivery.

- if you wish to participate contact me now at my novera address (NOT
voyager.) Specify your acceptance of this approach and the exact amount
you wish to pledge (those already in need not respecify). It is helpful
if you can project proportions of parts that you would want by color and
number as a percentage of your total participation. No guarantee, but
that will help hone the order. (if you're in already, feel free to send
this info to me anyway)

- we have over 10,000 USD in pledged risk capital already from some of
the leading traniacs and parts dealers out there, not counting my own
participation.

- I reserve the right to change my dollar participation but I am
currently projecting 5,000 participation myself. Most of my
participation is to fund parts that will be taken by other members of
the consortium and at auction, which will help with the part shortages
that may arise if we don't get the desired proportional information from
everyone, but I plan to keep 1000 worth of parts myself.

- except for occasional annoucements, nothing will be discussed here, as
in essence, discussion would be a negotiation about terms, which is best
done via email. I may host a discussion of this in .theory once it's all
done.

- consortium members will receive periodic update emails from me and can
initiate traffic to the list of names which I will supply.

- your participation, and your dollar amount, will be public knowledge
to all members of the consortium. I may or may not publicise to the GP
who was in. I reserve the right to do so but welcome your input. (don't
see a need, just covering bases)

- let me repeat these facts: participation entails RISK. You're not
ordering parts from me, you are participating in a syndicate or
consortium, and you risk your capital in exact proportion to my risk and
everyone else's. If you wish to order parts risk free you are out of
luck. Non consortium members will have the chance to bid on remaining
parts at auction but that is it. No side deals with me....

Christer Sunesson wrote:

Hello
I have a friend at LEGO Denmark that i can order LEGO pieces from.
I ordered piecenumber 4181,4182,8183,4033,4034,4035,4036,4511,4510.
He said that they didnt have it in stock.
Now i wonder if their are any one ho wants those pieces.
If ther are a hugh lot the can make some.
Mail me at:christer.sunesson@swipnet.se

lugnet.